eyes

This one-shot is by ayrene10 on deviantart

Natsu's POV

"Hey.. natsu?" Lucy asked in a pained tone

"yeah Luce?" I asked. noticing my eyes starts to get blurry

"Will..I... die?" she asked in a hoarse voice

"of course not Lucy.... why say that?" I replied sweetly at her and kissed her cheeks closing my eyes to stop the tear from falling

"hehe.. thought so" and she smiled slyly with those dried, cracked and paled lips that doesn't give a hint of plumpness,
yet her eyes still held mirth

"yeah.. you're strong Luce" encouraging her with a grin and held her hands tightly

"hey... thank you" she said catching my attention

"for what Luce?" while caressing her now cold hands

"for.. meeting you and coming....to my life.. for introducing me to a... family that cares...for me" she said in a cracked voice between breaths and left a small smile

"yeah.. thank you too. 1st for becoming my best friend, 2nd for making me realize my own feelings, lastly thank you for sharing your bed with me" trying to make her laugh and tears escaped my eyes.

"hehe.. no problem for that, also....thank...you.. for bringing me to... Fairy...Tail..and making..me.. fall in...love" she said in between breathes threatening to stop anytime.

I kissed her lips which is soft yet dry. She managed a small smile and lifted her hands to wipe the tear before she fluttered closed her brown eyes expressing how thankful she is to me, to fairy tail, she expressed with those eyes that her feelings for me were TRUE.

With those eyes of hers gazing at your own, you can tell if she's lying or not, you can tell if she was planning something, you can tell if she liked it or not by just looking at her eyes.

By just looking at her eyes... that, that was now closed, you can tell from those eyes that it'll never threaten to open once again.
My tears was now falling, gushing. You can now tell by those closed eyes of hers that she isn't playing dead, those now expressionless eyes.

And everything went white, I was standing and she was in front of me Smiling Wildly while tilting her head at me then she hugged me.
She was not the girl I was watching on the hospital bed, her eyes matched the plumpness of her lips and the flush of her cheeks making her look like the sweet and innocent yet annoying girl I've come to love.

I was crying and she wiped it with those small, fragile and soft hands and heat was flowing within me and closed my eyes to and when the heat threatened to leave, I opened my eyes immediately to see that she was now a few feet away from me smiling thankfully, happy, and full of love for me and waved at me. She turned around and vanished.
------------------------------------------------

"Natsu!" I heard from nearby but was faint

"Natsu!!" it was getting close

"Natsu!!!!" I can hear you now... and felt a little shrug. My eyes opened wide, tears were falling like rivers and saw the woman who was inside my dream sitting, her hands on my shoulders, her eyes was full of worries staring intently at mine, her hair stuck out everywhere. I heard her gasp, shocked when I suddenly hugged her, tears were still flowing out of my eyes and felt her soothing hands behind my back rubbing up and down trying to calm me and pulled me away from her.

"Natsu! Why are you crying?" she asked.

"Nightmare, a scary one" I told her tears was now slowly drying caused when her hands was wiping it and felt her forehead on mine.

"It's just a dream Natsu." and nudged her forehead harder at mine, her eyes staring at me reassuringly those eyes that are now full of emotions, those eyes that showed she was worried for me. My tears threatened to flow once again and felt her body against mine, hugging me tightly and rubbing my back repeatedly, the other caressing my hair. I can never get enough of her.

"Better now?" she asked and stood up.

"Where are you going?" tugging at her wrist and she smiled.

"Water" and pried my hands away but held it firmly because of the feeling that she will leave and never come back, just like the nightmare.

"Stay" I demanded and she just tilted her head questioningly and nodded.

"Here. go back to sleep" she pushed my head down the pillow and caressed my hair, my hands still holding hers.

"You wouldn't leave. Right?" I asked still feeling uncomfortable from the nightmare

"I won't" she leaned and kissed my forehead and continued caressing it after

"then go back to sleep" I pulled her and hugged her close to me, not wanting her heat to leave mine.

"can you tell me your nightmare?" she looked up at me with those eyes that expressed she can make my fear go away in one fell swoop.

"don't wanna" I demanded

"okay. just tell me if you're still scared" she said in a reassuring tone while caressing my hand that was holding hers and nudged her forehead on mine and dozed off stopping her caressing. I wrapped my arms around her tightly bumping her body on mine.

"I promise that I will protect you no matter what, not letting my eyes away from you for just a second" I promised to her and kissed her forehead and also fell asleep feeling at ease that she wasn't going to leave my side.

Words: 939