sleeping beautiful

This one-shot is by PerfectlyHappy on deviantart.

Sleeping Beautiful

Lucy forces Natsu to watch 'Sleeping Beauty' with her and the next day he barges in finding her...asleep?!? And of course Natsu jumps to conclusions. Well you know what this means-true loves first kiss!

_________________________________________

"...Once upon a dream.."

Lucy sighed dreamily, snuggling the pillow tighter. 'The End.' and the Walt Disney signature castle faded from the screen, causing her to yawn.

She looked over next to her, surprised to see Natsu staring intently, wide eyed at the now blank screen. His onyx eyes seemed unblinking, eyebrows furrowed cutely.

"...Natsu?" She mumbled, wiping the sleep from her eyes. Said boy finally seemed to be pulled from his thoughts, looking over to the blonde questioningly.

"Yeah?" He responded, eyes bright. She smiled slightly at how energetic he was, yawning once more.

"I think it's time to go to bed, thanks for watching it with me." She smiled wider, picking herself up slowly from the couch to stretch out her sleepy limbs. Natsu grunted in response, picking himself up like he hadn't been sitting for nearly two hours.

"No problem, though I don't like how the dragon was evil..." Natsu complained haughtly, pouting childishly. "If I had made the movie I would've made the prince change into a mighty dragon and burn the whole place down! Kahaha~" Natsu cackled evilly, a creepy gleam in his eyes. Lucy sweatdropped, shaking her head at his logic.

"But if he burned down the place then Aurora would've been upset..." Lucy tried to counter, though she knew it was a losing battle.

"Who cares about the princess?" He snorted, crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly.

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows, slowly waking up. "He did, of course!"

"And how do you know that?" Natsu smirked in response, causing the celestial mage to groan.

"Because he loves her, idiot!" She exclaimed.

"Pfft, love, shmuz." Natsu said breezily, unconcerned by the rising in Lucy's temperate. "That was a little cliche. Seeing the one you love in a dream? Creepy~!" Natsu whistled, ticking the blonde off.

Her mother had brought her up watching all the Princess movies. She loved them to death and they held a special meaning to her. She remembered cuddling up with her mother and picking one out, the maids coming in and giving them some snacks.

And when Natsu insulted them, she felt like he was insulting her.

"You have no idea what you're talking about dragon boy!" She retorted, irritated by his rude criticism. "How would you understand Prince Philip's feelings when you yourself haven't experienced true love?" She smiled triumphantly, seeing the lost look on Natsu's face.

"And you have?" He instantly jeered, hands on hips expectantly. Her whole face turned crimson, embarrassment over clouding her annoyance.

"W-Well―"

"I didn't think so." He grinned crookedly, a small snicker escaping his lips. "I bet you haven't even had your first kiss yet, have you?" He continued his jab, eying her closely.

"No..." She mumbled truthfully, staring down at the floor like it would give her answers while she shuffled her feet.

"Exactly, and who cares about love anyway? Sure I love my friends but to be in love with someone? That's so stupid! I bet Prince Philip didn't even like―L-Luce?" Natsu looked over to the blonde, eyes widening in panic when he noticed her hurt look and tear building eyes.