slight lemon

Don't worry this has no intimacy just some adult words okay. So read on and tell me what you think.

Lucy, in the kitchen, set out the vegetables for her homemade soup on the counter.

She was a little late making dinner tonight, but that was to be expected, seeing as how she and Natsu had lounged around all day in bed. Saturdays were, as a rule, made for relaxing and being lazy. In fact, he was still lounging, she mused as she fished out a sharp knife; he was sitting on the couch in their living room, staring off into space in his boxers.

Probably thinking about their early morning session in-between the sheets.

Although, she would be lying if she wasn't thinking about it too. After all, she was still wearing nothing but one of his old t-shirts and a pair of silky panties.

Stepping away from the counter, Lucy flipped her golden hair, running her fingers through the snarly bits briefly, before using a hair tie to gather it up into a loose bun. She knew it wasn't a very attractive hairstyle, as it was sloppy and haphazard, but it kept her hair out of the way when she cooked.

When her hand landed on the handle of the knife, Lucy heard a sharp, breathy inhale from behind her.

Turning, she spied Natsu from his spot on the living room couch. He was staring right at her, green eyes wide, throat working, and she was instantly concerned.

He looked...alarmed.

She was just about to ask him if he was all right when she saw him casually reach over-while still maintaining eye-contact-and snag a couch cushion...only to drag it into his lap.

And at first she was confused. She didn't make the connection.

But then he swallowed roughly, and when he shifted, he cringed as if in pain. The pillow stayed planted firmly, his hand fisting in the material.

Oh.

Her lips curling into a wicked smile, Lucy sashayed into the living room. "Are you okay, Natsu?"

The dragonslayer jumped at the sound of her voice, scrambling to keep the pillow in place, and his eyes snagged on the sway of her hips. He whipped his head in the other direction. "...Yeah," he mumbled throatily.

"Are you sure?" She cocked her head to the side, brown eyes deceivingly worried and innocent. Lucy came to the couch, halting in front of him and relishing the way he swallowed and bit his bottom lip. "Because it looks like you're having a little...problem," she mused, nodding to his lap.

The fire dragonslayer's face twitched, his brows coming together as he flung a scowl at her. "Little? C'mon, you know it's not - " Natsu stopped himself suddenly, as if realizing that he'd somewhat admitted to his predicament, and scowled at her pleased Cheshire grin. "...Okay, fine. It's your fault, though," he muttered.

"My fault?" Lucy's grin faltered, the look replaced by honest puzzlement. She propped her fists on her hips. "How is this my fault?"

"You...you did that!" Natsu spluttered, flinging a finger at her.

"Did what?"

"You put your hair up!" He pointed again, sounding agonized as he eyed her sloppy bun.

One of Lucy's brows lifted. "...Yes?"

She reached up to self-consciously tuck an errant strand of blonde hair behind one ear. And as she did so, the realization finally dawned on her and she dropped her hand as another grin tugged at her mouth.

"Are you telling me," she began slowly, her voice wobbling, "that's why you have a - " Her brown eyes dropped pointedly to his lap, where his hand clenched the pillow in answer, and she couldn't help herself.

She burst into laughter.

Natsu's face flushed bright red, the color rushing all the way up to the tips of his ears. "Oi, don't laugh!" he whined.

"Sorry, sorry..." Lucy covered her mouth with a hand to stifle her laughter and, somehow, she managed to swallow it. "It's just," she coughed to compose herself, "how does me putting up my hair in a bun give you a boner? Methinks someone's just especially frisky today."

"No, I'm not," the fire dragonslayer argued past his seemingly endless blush.

When he didn't explain further after a long pause, Lucy cocked her hip to the side and fixed him with an expectant look.

He wasn't getting out of this one.

Seeing the gleam in her eyes, Natsu hung his head with a defeat sigh. "When you use your mouth on me, you always put up your hair so it doesn't get in the way," he said in a low, husky voice that always did pleasant things to her body.

Even now, a shiver raced up her spine.

"So every time I see you put your hair up, I can't help but think of, well, you. And me. Together." The dragonslayer flung his head back up with a hilarious frown as he ripped away the pillow on his lap. "And then this happens!" He pointed to the obvious bulge in his underwear.

Though this certainly wasn't her first encounter with Natsu's "dragon", as he tended to refer to it, Lucy felt her blood flushing hotter at the sight of it. He was like that...because of her. And she hadn't even done anything-she'd just put her hair up.

She did that a lot, now that she thought about it and...

Lucy's eyebrows crept up her forehead in curiosity. "Wait a minute..." she murmured. "Are you saying I conditioned you to get an erection every time I put my hair in a bun?"

"...You know," Natsu sank into the couch and covered his red face with one hand, "it's really embarrassing when you say it like that."

Shocked at the fact that he hadn't even tried to deny it, Lucy felt another chuckle build in her chest.

"Every time?" she repeated through tight lips, trying to keep a hold on her laughter.

Natsu only groaned and smacked his head against the back of the couch with a thump.

"So that day at the guild a couple of weeks ago," Lucy continued relentlessly, her cheeks hurting, "when I put my hair up because Mira asked me to wipe down a couple tables, you suddenly left in a hurry because...?"

"Can we pretend I didn't say anything?" mumbled Natsu around his hand. "Is it too late?"

"Oh, my god," Lucy gasped as she finally released the laughter that had been bubbling inside her chest for far too long.

The blonde bent at the waist, her sides aching as she released a horde of giggles and chuckles. She laughed and laughed and then laughed some more, until she couldn't breathe. When her lungs ached, she paused to take in a few, quick, gulping breaths before tumbling into a new round of laughter.

All the while, Natsu stayed silent out of embarrassment.

And though she couldn't see him, as she was bent over with watery eyes and her hands on her knees, she knew that he had put both hands on his face.

"It's too late," he muttered.

...

"Well, since it's my fault, I guess I should take care of it...right?"

"What do you... Oh."

Words: 1209