adorn

This one-shot is by FairyTailLover01 on deviantart

Lucy's POV:

Hargeon. The place where I first met Natsu Dragneel. I just like to visit here to reminisce the memories that we made from first meeting here. We, being both Natsu and I. I just can't help it, he's just simply amazing to me. The time I was controlled by Bora, it was him, I believe, that broke the spell. I fell in love with Bora at first sight when he used his 'charm'. But Natsu just happened to barge in on the action which made me stop loving Bora. He was my savior, and I thanked him for that with lunch as a treat. And because those events occurred, I thought Natsu was the one who I would fall in love with. He was the one who broke the spell, anyways. Even after I found out that he was such a pig when it came to food, he still made me smile. And he just happened to save me when I was kidnapped by Bora, too. So he gets creds for that. But with all of this happening, he still chose her. He chose Lisanna. I like her, and she's just like her older sister. When she came back, Natsu was head-over-heels for her. Our team split up because of them. Gray, Erza, Wendy, Carla, and I stayed as the strongest team; with Natsu and Happy out of the question. Happy, however, wanted to stay in our team, but since Natsu wanted to stay with Lisanna all the time, Happy was basically forced to leave. Since that day Natsu asked out Lisanna, they're known as the power couple in our guild. Things obviously fell apart with Natsu and Happy out of our team. Gray had his own personal problems being with Juvia. He was beginning to fall for her, and with Lisanna being best friends with Juvia, the two couples usually went on double dates. As Gray drifted off, Erza started to become more powerful, and the missions we went on were too easy for her. She eventually figured this out and we all agreed that she was too powerful for us. Erza became a one-woman team; an independent woman. With Erza leaving us, Wendy, Carla, and I were still together; but it eventually stopped. Wendy started to go out with Romeo, hardly doing any missions to be with him. Young love... That's what they have. And that leaves me; all alone.

I'm just an independant woman now, just like Erza. Everything fell apart for me. The day I almost confessed to Natsu... Was also the day Natsu and Lisanna started to go out. I blame myself for this. If I never asked to meet Natsu that day, maybe things would've changed! Now I'm sitting on the docks of Hargeon, alone. And the only thing that's coming into mind is meeting Natsu for the first time.

Narrator's POV:

Lucy sat alone, with no one to care about her. She thought about leaving Fairy Tail. To train.. To be stronger.. She became a one-woman army. These thoughts flowed throughout her brain as she stood up to leave Hargeon. Everyone started to leave her! She started to become close to Juvia before Lisanna came; but Lisanna became friends with Juvia, breaking their connection. Lisanna started to go out with Natsu, Gray finally agreed to go out with Juvia, Erza became independent, Wendy started to go out with Romeo, even Levy started to go out with Gajeel! Lucy didn't get to tell anyone her problems except for Cana. She was the only person who stood by Lucy's side, even if she did start to date Bacchus from Quatro Cerberus.

Lucy finally reached Fairy Tail, where everything was loud and enthusiastic; nothing would ever change. Lucy found Cana at the bar, and walked over to her. As she reached her, Lucy saw Cana speaking to Lisanna. Lucy didn't even want to bother them, so instead, she went to the other side of the bar where she couldn't be seen by anyone but the bartender, Mirajane.

"Hi, Mira! Um... Can I have a milkshake?" Lucy asked Mira, using her happy tone so Mirajane wouldn't know of her sadness.

"Sure, Lucy-san!" She replied in the same tone, as she handed her a freshly-made milkshake.

As Lucy slurped down the milkshake she had, she couldn't help but feel that someone was about to sneak up on her.

Her thesis was right, and the so-called ninja was Natsu. And Lucy couldn't even stop thinking of why he would just try to sneak up on her.