wind of a shooting star

Hello lovely readers. I am sincerely sorry for not updating as much as I thought I would. However, I promise to try and update at least twice a week to give you nalu one shots to fangirl/fanboy over.

This one shot has been inspired by the lovely LeylaWiliams her her amazing comment on my previous one shot 'mission #2'. Thank you so much Leyla-san. Now then, let's get started!

July 1st. A day of which a guild should be celebrating the birthday of a very special wizard. But, most people now spent it differently. A man walked down a dirt path with a small cherry blossom haired child with hazel orbs. Both carrying a single blue rose. Both of their attires bright and welcoming. Both, heading for a graveyard.

"Daddy, was i a bad child." Natsu looked upon his daughter with questioning eyes as her head faced the ground. "Did mommy leave, because of me?" With tears in her eyes and bottom lip quivering, it didn't take very long for Natsu to scoop her up into a warm hug. "No, it wasn't your fault Asta. Mommy, just went on a very special mission with your grandparents." Natsu knew his voice was breaking. He didn't want his little girl to see him cry.

"But everyone says that mommy was gone as soon as I was born." Natsu placed a hand on Asta's head and touched his forehead to hers. "Listen, your mom was an angel who came to save people... When her mission was completed, she had to return to heaven. She became stars in the sky that will look after you from there..." Asta's hand reached up to her father's cheek and wiped away his tears. "Daddy, why are you crying?" Natsu wiped the remaining tears from his eyes and smiled. "I'll tell you when you get older. But for now-" He picked up his little dragon and swirled her around. Adorable giggles escaping into the air. "How about we go to the Redfox house for dinner?"

"Uncle Gajeel's gonna scold you again." More giggles erupted from Asta as her dad tickled her sides while she was sitting on his shoulders. "Nah, auntie levy will scold him and cook us some yummy food."

The two Dragneel's walked together hand in hand as they made their way to the Redfox house. But for a second, Asta looked towards her mother's stone and thought about what her mommy might have been like.

- later-

After a big scolding from uncle Gajeel, who was later on was scolded by auntie Levy for scolding the two fire dragon's. They had finally made it home for some well deserved rest. After tucking Asta in and landing on the comfortable mattress, Natsu had fallen asleep with a small, warn out blue ribbon tied around his wrist. His hand holding onto his daughter's.

However, Asta stayed lying in bed with a book in her hands. "Hi mommy. We visited your grave today. Daddy said he would tell me why you left when I get a little bit older." She looked at the stars and smiled gently. "Even though I already know why." A tear rolled down her cream face and onto her hand. "It's time for me to go to bed now." Asta tucked herself in and closed her eyes. "But I'll keep my light on, just incase you decide to come home."

The little dragon thought she heard something soft and sweet. Probably just the wind of a shooting star. "I love you so much. Goodnight mommy."

And for only a second, a woman with golden hair stood in the doorframe. Smiling at her little girl and husband.

I love you too....