sick dragon

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been on wattpad lately. I've been in surgery for a week now searching for symptoms of glottic cancer. Guess I can't sing for a while. Or speak.
But I won't let that stop me. I am going to finish this book if it is the last thing I do!

So don't worry about me. And enjoy what time you have in life. And this new chapter! XD

Lucy stared at her desk in frustration. She was in the middle of writing her novel, and she was completely stumped on where to go next. She repeatedly tapped her pen against the wooden table, her irritation escalating rapidly. Her tapping got faster until she dropped her pen and released a frustrated scream. Nearly giving her a heart attack, Natsu and Happy burst through her bedroom window. "Lucy!" shouted the Dragon Slayer, his eyes clouded with concern and his fists clenched, ready for battle. "Are you alright?"

Placing a hand to her chest to calm her frantically beating heart. "I'm fine, Natsu," she reassured breathlessly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"We were on our way to tell you about the job request we found," Happy explained, settling down in the blonde's lap. "We were right outside when we heard you scream."

"We thought you were in trouble..." Natsu finished off sheepishly, lifting a hand to scratch the back of his head as a light blush fanned across his cheeks. Lucy stood up with Happy in her arms and stepped up to her best friend.

"Well, now you owe me a new window, you dolt." She reached up and flicked him across the bridge of his nose. He yelped out of surprise and stumbled back a few steps, rubbing his nose. "And you better clean up that glass before I cut myself. Happy, go in the kitchen and get the broom and dustpan."

"Aye," the Exceed chirped shamefully as he hopped out of Lucy's arms and flew out of the room. Lucy turned to back to her desk and bent over to pick up her dropped pen.

"So, why did you scream, Luce?" Natsu asked curiously as he kicked away a particularly large shard of glass.

"Just frustrated," was her vague reply.

"With what? Are you PMSing again?" He ducked, narrowly missing the hairbrush as it flew across the room, landing on the floor with a clank. He stood up, slightly surprised at how quickly that thing zoomed over his head.

"No, I'm not PMSing," Lucy said irritably, putting her novel-in-making in one of the drawers on her desk. "I'm just stuck on my novel." Natsu nodded in understanding as Happy came back in, handing the fire wizard the items he needed for cleaning their mess. Lucy sat down in her chair as her nakama got to work. "So, you said you were coming over here to talk to me about a job request?"

"Yeah," said Natsu, fumbling around in his pocket for the flier. He handed it to Happy and resumed sweeping. Happy perched himself back into Lucy's lap, holding out the paper for her to see. Lucy took it into her own hands. The feline nuzzled into her stomach as she scratched the top of his head, right between his ears.

"Hm..." she hummed. "'Thief wanted dead or alive.' Seems simple enough. And I would be able to pay my rent for two months and still have some left over with the reward." She set it down on the table, using both of her hands to scratch either side of Happy's neck, his purring growing louder. "So when are we leaving?"

"I was thinking tomorrow," Natsu answered, dumping the glass out of the dustpan and into the trash. He looked over at her. "Too soon?"

Lucy shook her head, one of her hands moving under Happy's chin. "No, tomorrow's good." She giggled at the cute sound the feline just made, and held him against her chest as she continued to pet him, his tail flicking happily. Natsu watched the scene with furrowed eyebrows as he leaned the broom against the wall. He fell onto Lucy's bed, his eyes never wavering from the content Exceed that was nuzzling into Lucy's breasts.