all i want for christmas

Hey guys, I know I'm late and I'm really really sorry. But I have another Christmas chapter. Cue the Yay's. XD

"Christmas Eve is tomorrow," I spoke to the screen on my laptop.

"Are you excited?" the figure on the screen spoke back. I was in my room video chatting my boyfriend of almost three years, Natsu Dragneel. He had untamable spiky pink hair, coal colored eyes, and had a gigantic smile that showed his two pointy canine teeth. He was always wearing this patterned scarf and almost never took it off.

Now you may be asking, why am I not just spending time with the goof ball instead of video chatting him. Well, about year and a half ago, Natsu left to go to a college all the way across the country. I haven't seen him in person for those past two years and it has been pretty rough. There have been times when I wanted to give up on the relationship, but I love him to much to do that. We make it work though. Almost everyday we video chat and we are always texting each other.

"Not really," I sighed out, sprawling out across my bed.

"Why not Luce?" Natsu asked with concern in his voice. He already knew the answer to it before he asked the question.

Last year I was really torn up about Natsu leaving. After he left, I went into this stage of lonesomeness. I never really went out and mostly stayed at home, only leaving the apartment when I had to. My roommate, Levy, was concerned for my well being and contacted Natsu about it. After that, Natsu made sure I was active and made contact with the rest of the world. He really got me to do it after he threatened not to skype me until I became more human like again.

The link between that story and me not being all "Christmas rules!" is because I won't have Natsu with me. It has already been hard enough to not have Natsu last Christmas. Yeah, we skyped and all but I needed him there with me. Sadly, he couldn't get the money to come over here when they were on break. Plus, he had a job down there. Once again, Natsu will not be with me this Christmas. I think it is harder on me this year than the last.

"You know why Natsu," I groaned out.

"C'mon Luce, don't be liked that. You have Levy with you! And I will skype you all day, it will be just like I'm there!" he tried to cheer me up with an enthusiastic smile. I stared into his black orbs that were displayed on my screen, then shook my head and looked down.

"You know it's not the same Natsu! I know that you can't be here and I understand that it just really sucks okay?" I burst out in a louder tone then went silent. Why do I feel angry at him? This isn't his fault. He went to college there because it was what was best for him, he had to.

Natsu sighed sadly then spoke,"I know Lucy. I'm sorry I can't be there. Trust me though, you will see me soon, I promise."

"I love you," I told him, looking at the screen with tired eyes.

"I love you too," he said and then blew me a kiss and I pretended to catch it and pressed my fingers to my lips. I know it's cheesy but it was our way of showing our affection. "Now we both need some sleep so I'm going to go. I will message you the minute I wake up."

"Okay, you better," I said sternly and pointed at the screen while pouting. This caused Natsu to go into a fit of laughter.

"I will, now get some sleep," he said.

"Bye," I waved at the screen, my heart automatically dropping at the word.

"Bye," he waved back at me and then ended the call. I closed my laptop and slid off of my bed. I made my way into the living room of mine and Levy's apartment. The apartment had two small bedrooms, a bathroom, and a small living room and kitchen that were connected.