mission #2

Hey guys. It's already been nine days withought kanade. I really miss her. But I want to personally say thank you for everything you have done. I would probably be crying in a corner if you guys weren't there for kanade and me. So thank you again.
But as promised here is the first ever one shot I have ever completed on wattpad. So have fun reading. And thank you again.

Lucy was on her way to Natsu and Happy's house. They asked her to help them clean their house, since they were always trashing the place. She agreed to do it once a month on the condition that the two would not help her with the cleaning, because she knew that they would get in the way.

Once she got there she was immediately assaulted by a powerful odor, most likely coming from an overflowing trashcan.

"It's official. Those two are not a Dragon Slayer and an Exceed. They are pigs," Lucy said to herself while holding her noise due to the powerful smell.

Lucy removed a backpack she brought with her, which contained cleaning supplies, and began her work. She opened the windows and door to allow air to circulate as she worked, took out the trash to be disposed of later, and wiped the dust off the various surfaces. Since Natsu and Happy's beds were just hammocks suspended by ropes, she replaced them. She collected clothes that were all over the floor, including a perfectly good jacket that was previously in the trashcan. She even trimmed the tree's branches a little to allow more light to come in through the window.

As she cleaned the house, Lucy could not help to take pause every now and then to admire Natsu and Happy's collection of items that they had gathered from their missions. Said items, Lucy noticed, were somewhat isolated from the general mess that was the two's house.

She could tell that the important stuff was really taken care of by the Dragon Slayer and his best friend. Each item was accompanied by a note describing it.

After she was done cleaning a particular area of the house, Lucy stopped to read the description of each item on its note.

She tried to remember, and sometimes imagine, if she was not on the specific mission, what the mission that resulted in the item that was in front of her was.

"Tribal necklace from Galuna Island." "The quest I performed with Lucy for the first time!" "Lucy's maid outfit." Lucy chuckled when she remembered that particular mission. There were, of course, many other items as well.

One time Lucy considered starting her own collection, but she knew that her current apartment was not the place for such a thing. Besides, she didn't want to copy Natsu and Happy. She wanted to find her own thing.

After she swept the floor, Lucy was almost done. The only thing left was a small closet that contained Natsu's clothes and a few clothes for Happy. Not that he used them.

The inside of said closet was, of course, a total mess as well. Natsu had thrown things in it with no regard for order or tidiness, as she expected he would. This was the fourth time she cleaned their house, but she was surprised yet again when she opened the closet.

Natsu's clothes were just... multiples of the same things. As if they were copy-pasted. Not only did he not have any fashion sense, he did not have any variety of clothing either.

"One of these days I'm going to drag his ass into a clothing store, and we're going to buy everything." Lucy said to herself as she took clothes out of the closet.

As she pulled out the last of Happy's clothes from his pile in the closet, a small box fell to the floor.

"A box?" Lucy asked no one in particular. It was a small, black, cube-shaped box. Nothing special.