fire dragons solar rain

Summer is special. It has the power to warm even the coldest of souls, promote friends to gather around and partake in all kinds of things together and conjure up joy and great times. It is the time life's at its fullest, the soft exhale that comes after the endurance of the fall, winter and eventual spring back to life. Relaxed, easy going, warm and sweet...

But somehow, on the eve of its arrival, the supposed 'soft exhale' summer was supposed to be, ended up as a hacked, wheezed choke.

Lucy stood there listening to the weather report on the radio, with a gloom permeating from her thick enough to appear as a foreboding and shadowy fog.

Why? Why on the eve of summer's arrival was there going to be a huge cold front moving into Magnolia? Why after such a bitterly cold winter and unreasonably cool spring did summer also have to forsake her? Why? Why? Why?

Lucy sank onto the table, her arms and hands leaking forward to the radio and shut it off in a dead, zombie like manner; her face bleak and just as lifeless.

"L-Lucy...you're making a really scary face" Wendy acknowledged, her own face looking very much so nervous.

A clear shiver ran up her small body as Lucy's eyes lazily shifted towards her, and stared at her with a look similar to one who's entirely lost the will to live another day.

"Really? I don't see a difference." Happy said, floating over to Wendy's side, snickering mischievously.

"What's wrong with you?" Grey asked, casually sliding into the table and poking her half melted face "you look really creepy"

"You guys suck at consoling somebody..." Lucy groaned, shifted her head that lay on the tabletop to forwardly squish her face onto.

"There's a cold front headed in tomorrow of all days, it'll be cloudy and it might even rain..."

"I don't know why you're complaining, it's been a nice season so far" Grey stated giddily "I like it that it's been rather cool for a change instead of blisteringly hot"

"Speak for yourself! You're an ice wizard! Unlike you, I could really use a little heat in my life!" Lucy wailed at him. "I hate this!"

"Eh, whatcha poutin' about, Luce?" A familiar voice interrupted.

Lucy loosely looked up at the curious fire mage before lowering her head back down to the table. In accordance to Lucy's failure of an explanation, Wendy stepped up and explained solemnly.

"It seems Lucy was really looking forward to the first day of summer tomorrow...but it seems like even though it'll be the first day, it's going to be abnormally cold and stormy out...so she's sad"

"I can relate" Natsu grumbled "All this cold weather lately has been pretty shitty..."

Grey scoffed and crossed his arms "It's a good change of pace if ya ask me!"

Natsu shot him a deadly glare "Yea? And who the hell asked ya, huh?"

"Who the hell do you think you're talkin to, ash breath!?"

"You, ya brain slushie snowman!"

"I'll show you some cold..."

Grey's hands came together to prep for an ice attack when a hand reached out suddenly and vice gripped his wrist. Grey nervously looked back onto Lucy's zombieish body as it rose awkwardly much like it really did pertain to the walking dead. A single, crimson glazed eye looked up at him through the mess of tousled blonde hair nearly seeping murderous intent. His blood froze.

"If you make it a single degree lower in this guild I swear, I will boil you alive..."

Grey nodded his head rapidly and took off running in terror as soon as she released him, Wendy quick on his tail.