bucky barnes | more than friends?

You sat in a small, coffee shop drinking your vanilla lattè while staring out of the big, glass windows that enclosed the small shop.

Bucky was supposed to be meeting you but he was late. You checked your watch for the fifth time, it was already 11am- and you were supposed to meet at 10:30am.

You sighed, another thirty minutes passed and still no sign of Bucky.

Taking the last sip of your lattè, you placed a five dollar bill on the table and left.

You walked down the cold, snowy streets of New York and to your apartment. You only lived a couple blocks from the small coffee shop so you walked home.

Once you had gotten home, you shoved your hand around your purse in search for your keys. Once you had found them, you unlocked your door, walking in and slamming it shut as you threw your purse on the table.

Storming out of the living room, you plopped on your bed and laid there. You were so angry with Bucky for not showing.

This was the third time this week he had blown your plans up! At first, you were able to let it slide, but now you thought it was personal.

You covered your face in your hands and inhaled and exhaled dramatically. All of a sudden, you heard a knock on your apartment door.

"(Y/N)! It's me, open up!" Bucky called happily.

How can he be so cool when he blew your plans off? You furrowed your brows making a face mixed with confusion and anger.

"I know you're in there! The front desk guy told me he saw you walking into the elevator." Bucky called again.

You continued to ignore him, "I'm coming in (Y/N)!"

You heard your front door open and footsteps coming closer and closer to your room.

"Knock, knock." Bucky said whilst knocking on the door and opening it slowly.

"How'd you know I was in here?" You asked groggily.

"You have five rooms in your apartment and out of those five you have one bedroom." He said in a 'stating the obvious' tone.

You didn't answer, you just pulled the covers over your head and groaned.

"(Y/N), what's the matter babe?" He asked and sat beside you on your bed.

He always called you 'babe' because he knew you didn't really like it and he liked teasing you.

You lifted the covers from your face just enough to show him a small, annoyed glare.

Just as you were about to pull the covers back over you, he pulled them back.

"(Y/N), please tell me what's wrong." He pleaded softly and looked into your orbs with concern and worry.

"Really? We were supposed to meet at the coffee shop today until you blew me off- for the third time this week might I add! I sat, waiting for you for an hour and then you come to my apartment acting like nothing happened!" You yelled, waving your arms for emphasis.

A look of realization and regret filled his face. He looked down and sighed before looking back up at your angry expression.

"I completely forgot, I'm so so sorry (Y/N), I've just been so caught up in things.." Bucky breathed out.

"Yeah- 'caught' up in things, alright Bucky." You said in an annoyed tone, looking down at your lap.

"Please let me explain." Bucky whispered, his eyes filled with hope.

"No, I don't need an explanation! Go, leave!" You demanded, stretching out your arm and pointing to the door.

"(Y/N).." Bucky whispered with tears welling in his eyes.

Tears welled up in yours too, and you stood up off your bed and pushed him out the front door.

Bucky stumbled on the step, looking at you with saddened eyes, you hesitated for a moment before standing your guard and slamming the door in his face.

You slid down the door and hugged your knees, while the tears came crashing down.

You had just pushed your best friend away, but most importantly. The man you loved.

*
*
*
I'm thinking of doing a Part 2! Should I? Comment!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx