steve rogers | maybe it's love

(wow I just noticed I haven't wrote a Steve imagine since august?? oops)

"Got the files?" Steve asks you through your intercom.

"Yep, on my way out now." You answer, pulling the usb from the computer and making a run for it. Making sure to check around corners for any hydra agents.

"You know, if I was there we would be done the mission already. You are very slow for a twenty-two year old." Steve mused.

"You shouldn't be talking old grandpa, aren't you like ninety-five?" You mused back with a small laugh.

Steve sighs through the intercom, "Just hurry, we may have to leave without you."

"Oh yeah? What happened to never leave a man behind, huh?" You mused again.

"Last time I recalled, you weren't a man." He chuckled.

You were about to answer before you were stopped dead in your tracks. Your mouth gaped as you felt the blood trickle out of your chest and the sound of a gunshot that greatly damaged your hearing as a sharp ringing instantly made you cringe.

You fell to the floor while hearing Steve's rushed, frantic words before everything went black. "(Y/N)? What happened? I'm coming right now! Stay there!"

Your eyes slowly slowly fluttered open as you attempted to take in your surroundings. You were in a dimly lit room as the familiar waft of cinnamon and vanilla clouded your senses.

Your vision went blurry and you attempted to lift your head to look at the tall figure standing across from your bed. Immediately a shot of pain spiked and your head fell back onto the pillow with a groan.

"(Y/N)? It's Steve. How are you feeling?" He asked with slight worry in his voice.

"Yeah, I guess. How long have I been out for?" You asked groggily.

"Six hours, I've been stopping by regularly to check up on you and to see if you're awake." He said.

"Thanks." You smiled slightly.

He smiled, "I brought you some stuff,"

"Really?" You asked, feeling acknowledged. A bright smile crossed your features.

"Yeah," He said, grabbing a bag that was beside your bed. "I got you some hot cocoa and your favourite movie. Some slippers, a blanket, chocolate and some painkillers of course."

"Aw," You sighed. "You're so sweet for doing this. Thank you Steve." You looked into his blue orbs.

He looked back into yours with a wide grin, "You're welcome."

The both of you stood there like that for at least a minute, until you decided to speak up. "Can I ask you something?"

He nodded, grabbing a chair and seating himself beside your bed. "Go for it."

"How many times did I get shot?" You asked.

He went silent for a second before answering, "four times. Twice in the back, once in the shoulder and once in the back of your thigh." His voice was quiet.

"I think I blacked out on the second or third shot, I can't remember," You said. "How did I get home safely?"

"I came and got you. I fought off all the agents and quickly made a beeline for the jet. When I got back to the jet, you looked like you were dead. I got really scared, and immediately they started working on you." He explained, looking into your eyes.

You stayed quiet, your heart beating a thousand times per minute as you take in what he's said. Steve saved you. He literally saved you. If it wasn't for him, you would most likely be dead. You were so grateful.

"Thanks for saving me. You're a hero. I can't thank you enough." You smiled lightly.

He smiled, nodding, before looking down for a second. His eyes then returning to yours, "Can. Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Of course, what is it?" You asked curiously.

"I- think I might love you. I've liked you for as long as I can remember and now, with this whole thing being your life on the line and me almost losing you. I couldn't bear the pain and it just made me realize that I do, in fact, love you. You don't have to say anything, I just wanted to let you know that.

I've been holding my feelings in for too long and I'm just tired of doing that. I want you to know how I feel whether you return those feelings or not. This has certainly told me how quickly we can be taken from this earth and why risk not telling you before that happens?"

You sat there in shock as you recalled all of his words in your mind. He loved you? "Steve, I think I might love you too."

A smile formed on his face as you both stared into each other's eyes, he then slowly leaned in. His lips lightly touched yours and before you knew it, fireworks went off.

He cupped your cheek as you smiled against his lips. Softly, you pulled away with a huge smile on your face.

You then leaned your head on his shoulder as he came and sat up beside you on your bed.

"I'm so lucky to have you." You sighed.

"And I, you." He replied.

*
*
*
Hey guys! Thanks for being patient with my lack of updating! School is terribly time-consuming :/

This imagine was requested and I hope you all enjoyed it!

I'm so happy, all my favourite shows have returned and it's just been great. Especially the flash and once upon a time. boii.

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx