peter parker | strength

You were currently perched on-top of a short cemented fence outside of Midtown High as you waited for your boyfriend, Peter to show up.

The brisk, autumn air whisked past you while lightly roving your hair over your shoulder as you hummed in content. Your feet dangled over the edge as you checked the miniature wristwatch that hugged your wrist.

Classes had ended about ten minutes ago and you sighed wondering where Peter was and why he was later than usual. But before you could even ask yourself another question, Peter was running over to your side.

You looked up briskly, "Hey!" You smiled.

"Hey! I'm sorry I'm late. Mr. Beckham wanted me to stay a couple minutes after class to help Ned finish his biology lab." He rambled.

You stood up, finally meeting his eyes as a sheepish grin crossed your lips, "You're adorable when you ramble."

His face flushed a crimson red as you leaned in and kissed his lips softly before pulling away all too soon for him. "Mm." He groaned when you pulled away.

"C'mon, you're walking me home tonight." You mentioned, shoving him lightly while grabbing your backpack from the faded grass and slung it over your shoulders.

"Alright captain." He saluted as you laughed and began the short journey to your quiet, two-storey home.

You two were almost at your house when you abruptly heard a loud mass of screams from the opposite direction you two were headed. Immediately, Peter turned toward it in instinct and you did the same.

"What was that?" You wondered out loud, furrowing your eyebrows as you began to hear cars honking and a very loud ruckus from the Central Park area.

"I should go and see what's going on. Stay here, I'll be back." Peter said, kissing your forehead gingerly before beginning to back away from you and head in the direction of the shrill of screams.

"Wait, no. Peter, I'm coming with you!" You bellowed, beginning to follow after him.

"What? No, (y/n), it's safer if you just stay here.. Would you, please? I can't let you get hurt if there's any possibility of it." Peter begged, holding your elbows gently.

"I'll be fine, Peter! I'm not helpless." You protested.

"That's not what I meant," He groaned, but it was very inaudible. He squeezed his eyes shut for a second before opening them and shooting a web to your feet, trapping you to the cemented sidewalk. "You just can't come, I'm not letting you endanger yourself, okay? I'll be back."

With those last words, he was off before you could utter another single protest. "Peter!" You cried out in frustration and let out an exasperated breath.

After about five minutes, you realized you had scissors encased inside your cotton pencil case and had cut your feet free of the sticky, yet strong substance and ran for Central Park.

Once you had gotten to Central Park you saw Peter; spiderman fighting a massive, swampy green amphibian that looked much like the one on television whom the media was calling 'The Lizard.'

You gasped as the Lizard had cuffed Peter into the brick cladded wall of a minuscule book shop. Peter's head had hit off of the wall before his limp body fell to the concrete and he struggled to stand up. You must have caught the tail-end of the mass destruction led by the Lizard.

"Until next time, Spider-man." The amphibian croaked conceitedly with a mischievous smile as it sauntered off, crushing a few police cars and innocent civilians on its way.

You instinctively bolted over toward Peter, who was lying across the concrete in his weakened state. "Spider-man!" You cried out in fear as you had got to your knees beside him.