bucky barnes | I do (in honour of 20k)

Natasha was busy touching up your dress as you stared shockingly at your appearance in the tall, body mirror.

The dress you were wearing was long and white with white laced flowers that began at the top right of your dress all the way down to the bottom left.

Your hair had been done up nice in a braid that was put into a bun, secured in with a white flower pin as small, curled strands fell beautifully.

"I-I can't believe I'm getting married." You whispered, feeling awestruck at the thought with Natasha stood beside you.

She smiled at you, "Yeah, Bucky's one lucky guy and I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees you walking down the aisle." Natasha smiled.

You chuckled lightly, and turned from the mirror to face Nat. "I'm nervous- that's normal, right?" You asked.

Nat took ahold of your hands, squeezing them reassuringly, "That's okay (Y/N), everyone has wedding jitters. It can be scary, but trust me. When you walk up that aisle and you and Bucky are both staring into eachothers eyes, it'll feel like you're the only two there. It'll feel right, trust me."

"Thanks Natasha, you're an amazing friend." You smiled, wrapping your arms around her tightly. She hugged you back before pulling away after.

"C'mon girl- let's go. We got a wedding to start!" Natasha exclaimed throwing her arms in the air and smiling widely.

Nodding, you said, "Let's go."

You walked down to the main floor of the Church you had grown up going to, as you met Steve's eyes.

Natasha walked over to Clint, she was one of your bridesmaids so she was walking down the aisle with her husband, Clint.

"Wow, (Y/N). You look stunning, Bucky's sure a lucky guy." Steve said and smiled brightly.

You smiled back, "Thank you Steve." You gushed and pulled him into an embrace and placed a friendly kiss on his cheek.

Steve nodded, "I'm so happy for you (Y/N), you deserve this more than anyone," He paused. "You deserve a happy life with Bucky."

"Thank you so much Steve, for saying that and also being a great friend." You said, smiling. He smiled back, "My pleasure." He answered.

"So are you ready to be Mrs. Barnes?" He asked excitedly.

You nodded, "Totally." You nodded and linked your arm with his, as you grabbed your bouquet of flowers.

The music began to play as all of your bridesmaids walked out and onto the aisle as planned.

Once everyone was gone, it was yours' and Steve's turn to walk up. You took a couple deep breaths, looking up at Steve. He gave you a reassuring smile as you walked out with him.

Everyone in the crowd stood up and looked at you, all smiling as your family wiped the happy tears from their eyes.

Your eyes instantly met Bucky's. His jaw dropped before you saw him wipe a couple of happy tears away.

You looked at everyone in the crowd as Steve let you go to stand with Bucky.

The crowd sat down as the Minister begins speaking, "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God. To join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

During the duration of the ceremony, your fingers were intertwined with Bucky's as the both of you just stared in admiration at each-other.

You couldn't picture a more perfect moment then this one with Bucky. You were beyond ecstatic that you were able to be marrying the man of your dreams.

Bucky was everything you wanted in a husband, his sense of humour, his interests, his personality. Everything was perfect about him.

Bucky stared into your eyes so lovingly- he really loved you. He loved your laugh, he loved how whenever he was sad you would just smile at him and that alone would brighten up his day.

He loved how when he was sick you took care of him and made him your homemade chicken noodle soup that he loved.

Everything about you was perfect to him. He couldn't wait until you two were finally going to be married.

"Do you, James, take (Y/N) to be your wife – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish. To keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?" The Minister asked Bucky.

Bucky nodded and happily said, "I do."

"Do you, (Y/N), take James to be your husband – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish. To keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?" The Minister asked you.

You nodded and smiled happily, "I do."

You got the rings and slipped Bucky's onto his finger with shaky hands as he put a hand over yours and smiled reassuring.

You smiled as he slid your ring onto your ring finger before you both looked up to the Minister.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride." The Minister said.

"Don't have to tell me twice" Bucky whispered and leaned in, pressing his lips to yours passionately.

His hands found your waist as yours cupped his face. The crowd roared and cheered happily.

You both pulled away slowly and looked at the crowd, hand-in-hand, smiling brightly.

Bucky kept glancing at you, admiring how beautiful you were and how he got to call you his wife from now on.

~

A couple hours later after the party, it was time for you to leave for your honeymoon with Bucky that was going to be in Brooklyn.

Bucky had asked you if you wanted to go there and you said yes without hesitation. You've always wanted to go to Brooklyn because of how beautiful it looked there and the unique culture.

But now, you were also getting a bonus with it- getting to go with your husband, Bucky.

You said your goodbyes', exchanging hugs with your friends and family before getting into a car that would take you to the airport.

"I love you, Mr. Barnes." You said cupping his face once you were in the car.

"I love you more, Mrs. Barnes." He answered, leaning in and engulfing you in a passionate kiss.

*
*
*
Hey everyone!! I hope you liked this special update in honour of 20k reads.

Which I want to thank you guys sooo much for! You guys are amazing!!

Well, I hope you all loved it and it gave you feels bc it did for me :')

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow

Ly all xx