peter parker | only eighteen

[ aaaannnnndddd here's another infinity war-themed imagine,, enjoy!:) ]

You flipped through your biology textbook as you let a 'huff' escape your lips.

"You okay?" Peter asked you with a disconcerting tone while looking up from his own pile of books spread out across his floor.

You sat up from your current lying position on his bed and tucked your feet in closer to your body. "Yeah.. I mean— I guess... I don't know. It's just I am so stressed right now. With finals coming up, my new job, university applications and my sister's wedding coming up in the next couple weeks.. I just can't seem to concentrate on studying right now.. I don't know if I can take anymore news right now.." You breathed out with a chuckle.

Peter looked up at you from his position on his floor and bit his lip. "That sucks (y/n/n).. But you can push through all of this, I know you. And the (y/n) I know, is strong as hell." He chuckled.

You laughed, "Thanks Pete... You always know how to make me feel better."

Peter looked down and swallowed and this didn't go unnoticed by you, so you decided to ask him what was up since he had seemed a bit off all night.

"...Penny for your thoughts?" You prompted.

He waved you off, "Eh, I don't think they're worth that much." He continued to look down.

"Try me." You said, before moving over your books and papers on his bed. As you sat down beside him on the floor, at the foot of his bed.

He looked up at you and stayed silent for a few moments as his eyes desperately searched yours as if they were looking for something, although you didn't know what.

"Peter? What's wrong? I wanna help you." You said, beginning to feel worry from his lack of words.

He sighed lightly, "I.. I have to tell you something."

"Sure, what is it?" You asked intently.

"Well, uhm.. You know how I'm Spider-man?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah.."

"Well.. I uh- need to go away for a little while."

"What do you mean? To do what?" You asked him, confusion still swirling around your mind.

"I have to save the world with the Avengers. From this big, purple alien called Thanos." He explained more thoroughly.

You laughed, "Wow, Peter.. You almost had me for a second."

"Wha- What do you mean 'almost had me for a second?' I'm not lying." He asked.

"Peter, this is crazy. You're only eighteen. We're graduating this year and now you're telling me you have to save the world with the Avengers? What happens if.. If you were to get seriously hurt or even—" You stopped yourself before even saying the next word.

The thought alone of him dying was enough to send you into a fit of tears. Although you believed in Peter and that he could go to space and save the planet, you were still beyond terrified of him going through with that. Imagine the PTSD he would endure after seeing a countless amount of his allies and even friends dead? You didn't want to see him go through that. It would break you.

You had known for awhile about Thanos and that he would be the next big, grand villain that the Avengers and many other heroes would be forced to face. But you weren't ready to believe that your Peter was about to be one of those selfless heroes.

"(y/n)," He sighed, shoving his books and papers off to the side as he scooted closer to you. "I won't die. I promise you that, I'm going to fight for you and I will do everything in my power to come back to you, no matter what."

You nodded as a tear fell down your cheek, which he wiped away. "Please don't cry, I'm always gonna be here. I'll never leave you." He continued as he leaned his forehead against yours.

"I know.. It's just— I take back what I said earlier. About you always making me feel better." You laughed.

He laughed, pulling you in for a hug. "I love you, (y/f/n)." He whispered into your hair.

"I love you too, Peter Parker." You whispered, still trying to fight back tears.

You pulled away slightly and looked him in the eye. "I know you Peter. I believe in you, and I know you can do this. You're strong, smart and most of all.. You have the biggest heart I have ever seen. When you get back, I'll be right here. I'll always be here. Don't you forget that." You choked out, tears clouding up your vision.

Peter looked at you with an amount of admiration, love and compassion that was much too high for the human brain to comprehend. He looked at you and saw life. He saw every piece of goodness in the world through your eyes and he was so glad you were his.

Without warning, he leaned in and kissed you passionately. His hands holding your face firmly as your hands went to his face also. Although you were just faced with some scary news, you knew Peter would fight it and win.

Because after all, you believed in him and that means everything.. Right?

*
*
*
wow. it feels like forever since i last wrote for this book. it feels good. i hope you all enjoyed!

don't forget to vote/comment/follow!
ps,, i'm not ready for infinity war.. okay bye :')
ly all xx