bucky barnes | safe

You were walking down the sidewalk as you had just finished your shift at your local café. The streets were bare, and nobody was really around.

You shivered as a cold gust of wind flew by. Making you nuzzle your face closer into your scarf, you couldn't help but notice someone behind you.

It was a man. He had his hood up and he was looking down to the ground. You shook your head lightly and crossed the street to see if he would follow you.

Something about this man creeped you out- scared you. You had a gut feeling that this man was up to no good.

Sure enough, after you had gotten to the other side of the street, he crossed the street- walking up behind you.

You were getting panicky now, so you began to speed walk to your car which was just around the corner- thankfully.

You had to force yourself not to look behind your shoulder as you began to quickly dig through your purse in search of your keys.

Walking up to your car, you quickly pressed a button that would unlock it.

As you were about to open your car door, the man that was following you, slammed your forehead onto the door of your car.

You winced in pain as you held your head, turning and looking at him.

"Give me the purse." He ordered in a stern voice as you could hear a gun click at your stomach.

"Please- please." You whimpered.

His other hand that wasn't holding the gun was holding your neck. "I will shoot you." He said again.

You couldn't make out his features at all really, sure he was tall and scrawny, but you couldn't see his face as the darkness had consumed it.

"Please don't shoot me." You whimpered, closing your eyes as a single tear rolled down your cheek.

"Now! Give it and I won't." He ordered, thrusting the gun deeper into your stomach, as you winced in pain.

"Fine. Okay-okay." You gave in. This is not how you wanted to die anyways.

He grabbed the purse from your hand and rummaged through it, the gun still aimed at your stomach.

"You got what you came for, now stop pointing the gun at me." You said.

He looked up at you, and you swallowed in fright. What was he gonna do?

He threw the purse on the ground, and stood in front of you. "That's not just what I came for." The man said.

You cried out. "Please! Somebody help me!" You screamed before he slammed his hand over your mouth.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

"Now get-" The man was interrupted by another man.

"Hey!" The other man yelled.

The man who had his hand over your mouth turned around.

"I suggest you let her go." The other man said sternly, looking him right in the eye.

"Or what?" He teased.

The other man chuckled as he walked up closer, knocking the man who tried to steal from you down to the ground in one blow to the face.

You breathed out in relief, "Oh, thank you so much!" You said, truly grateful.

He smiled, handing you your purse. "It's no problem really, are you okay?" He asked, sympathetically.

You nodded, tucking a loose strand of hair behind you ear. "I will be," You paused. "Thanks again for saving me." You smiled.

He nodded, "I'm Bucky." He smiled brightly.

"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you." You smiled, happily.

"You as well." He paused. "Maybe you would like to go out sometime?" He rubbed his neck nervously.

Nodding, you said, "I'd really like that."

"Great, here's my number." He handed you a slip of paper with his number on it.

"Thanks," You whispered. "We should probably get this creep to the station."

"I'll do it. You go home and take it easy, okay?" Bucky said.

"Are you sure?" You asked surprised.

He nodded, "Yeah, my car's just parked a couple feet away."

"Thank you, you're the sweetest. I'll make sure to give you a call soon." You smiled.

"I'll be looking forward to it," He smiled. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Bucky." You whispered as you got into your car, driving away.

Thank god for men like Bucky. He was truly a hero and you'd never forget that.

*
*
*
Hello!

I haven't done Bucky in a bit so I hope you guys enjoyed this!

Also, thank you guys for 79K views! That's awesome and I really appreciate all your votes & comments! :)

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow

Ly all xx