bucky barnes | nightmare

You're running carefully through the long halls of shield headquarters as you hold your hand gun close to your thigh. As two other hydra agents follow close behind you.

You get to a corner and stop, looking around it to see none other than the ex hydra agent and your former friend who betrayed hydra and you. Bucky Barnes.

You walk into his view as he turns around, sensing somebody behind him. He aims his gun up in defence.

"(Y/N).." Bucky trails off, slowly putting his gun down.

"Bucky." You answer coldly.

"What are you doing here? Why is Hydra attacking?" He asked, more confidently now.

"I'm on a mission that hydra has sent me on to kill someone." You answer.

"Who- who's your mission targeting?" He asked again, more cautiously as he took a small step back, slowly raising his gun back up.

"You. You're my mission Bucky." You say, grabbing the knife out of your boot and charging at him.

The knife impaled through his abdomen as his jaw dropped and he slowly looked down in betrayal at his abdomen where the knife still stood.

"How could you," He choked, falling to his knees. His eyes glistened sadly into yours and it was only then that you had realized what you had done.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)?" He hurried. Your eyes flew open as you flinched, and began to breathe deeply. Bucky was sitting up over you as he looked over your face in deep worry, "Are you okay?"

You breathed out in relief as you engulfed him into a tight hug, slowly sitting up. His arms encircled around you tightly as he buried his face into the crook of your neck.

"Never leave me, please don't leave me." You cried out.

"Never." He whispered into your ear, stroking your hair as he rubbed your back soothingly and cradled you in his arms.

Once you had calmed down, you slowly pulled away as he sat back against your headboard and you lied your head on his shoulder. "Another nightmare?" He asked quietly, playing with your fingers.

You nodded, "Yeah."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked, kissing your forehead gently.

"Okay," You answered quietly. "We were at shield, and hydra was attacking and I killed you for betraying us." You whimpered softly.

"It's okay, I still get nightmares all the time too," He reassured quietly. "We're safe, we will never be tormented and pained by Hydra again. I can promise you that."

You raised your head, looking into his eyes as you slowly nodded. He raised his finger and wiped away another tear that had managed to fall from your eyelid.

"I love you." You whispered, leaning your forehead against his.

"I love you too." He smiled, giving you a gentle kiss. Once you had pulled away, your head had found his shoulder again and you slowly fell asleep to the sound of his quiet yet comforting voice, telling you that everything was going to be okay.

*
*
*
Hey guys!! This imagine was requested, I'm sorry it took so long to update!

Hope you're all having a great long weekend and a happy thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for all of you and this book and all of the other opportunities that have come along with it!

If you guys have any requests, you can pm me. REQUESTS ARE OPEN! :D

Guys, I'm so excited that all of my favourite tv shows are starting up again! Plus, Halloween is coming up and it's fall now and ugh it's just beeyoutifull ;P

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx