bucky barnes | a big secret

You're sitting at a small little outdoor table at a cafe as you finish up some reports you were given to write over the last mission you went on with Natasha.

Nat takes a sip of her warm chai tea latte as she scribbles another note down on her paper. You hear your phone ring and her head perks up from her paper to you, she sends you a curious, but teasing look.

You roll your eyes at her as you shake your head, smiling. "Hello?" You answer into your phone.

"Hey babe, how's it going with Nat?" Bucky asks into the phone.

"Hey, It's going good! Thanks. What's up?" You ask.

"Well, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner tonight? We could go grab some pizza?"

"Sure, that sounds good." You smile.

"Great, well, Steve just called me in for another debriefing. I'll catch you later, love you." He chirped.

"Okay, sure. See you, love you too." You smiled before hanging up. Your eyes met Nat's before she began to shake her head and look down at her paper.

"What?" You asked her, recognizing her behaviour.

"Nothing, nothing," She smirked.

"No, there is something so please tell me." You begged.

She sighed with a small chuckle, "I just can't believe you haven't told Tony yet."

Now it was your turn to sigh, "Well what am I gonna tell him? That his daughter is dating an ex assassin?"

"No, I'm just saying you should tell him. This is a really big secret you're keeping, he's bound to find out whether you tell him or not, girl." She said.

"Yeah, I know, I know," You sat back in your seat, thinking. "It's just that I know exactly what he would do when he found out. He would tell me every reason in the book why staying single is better than being with an ex hydra agent."

Nat looked up at you, "I'm not saying you have to tell him (Y/NN), I'm just saying he'll find out eventually."

You hummed in agreement, as Nat spoke up again. "Come with me, I want a doughnut." She smiled.

You laughed, "As long as you're getting me a cookies and cream doughnut, I will."

"But of course, let's go." She smiled.

"Right behind you."

-

After grabbing a box of your favourite cheesy pizza from yours' and Bucky's favourite pizza place, you decided to go back to the tower and watch a movie.

You though about your conversation earlier with Natasha as you contemplated whether or not to tell Tony.

Sure, it would ease the guilt of having a secret relationship, but it could also break up your relationship. You didn't know what you were going to do so you put your thinking to a hault as you spent quality time with your boyfriend.

Bucky made the two of you popcorn as you pressed play on the movie. Halloween began to play as the chilling music began and you curled up onto Bucky's chest. He put his arm around you as you guys continued to watch.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" He asked you, pausing the movie.

"Yeah, the music's just a bit creepy that's all."

"No, I mean with our relationship. Don't you think we should tell Tony?" He asked.

"No, you know how he would act if he were to ever find out. It's just better if we don't tell him for the time being."

You looked over to your Bucky's left to see around seven dark figures standing there.

You screamed, as the light turned on to reveal the rest of the Avengers. Steve moved away from the light switch as you calmed down from the fright. But then you realized, everyone heard what you guys had just said.

Immediately emerging from the group, was a very displeased Tony. "(Y/N), what is this?" He asked, sharply.

"Uh, I'm watching a movie with Bucky?" You answered nervously.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." He said, voice toning down a decibel.

"I- I," You stuttered looking for words to say. The rest of the Avengers watched awkwardly.

"I need to talk to you, alone." Tony stated.

You nodded as you stood up, "Okay."

Tony walked out of the room as you gave one glance back at Bucky and the rest of the team before following Tony. Bucky looked just as guilty as you did.

"Why would you go behind my back (Y/N) and do something like this?" Tony asked, once there was nobody around.

"I don't know, I knew you wouldn't approve of Bucky and the only way I could be with him was to not tell you. I love him, dad. He's always good to me, I know he's done some terrible things in the past, but that was Hydra. Not Bucky, he had no control over what they did to him. I'm just trying to find the good in him, can't you? For me?" You sighed.

He just looked at you, "Yeah, if you had just told me when it all started this would never have happened. We wouldn't be in this fight."

"But we would! That's why I never told you, I knew that if I ever did tell you, you'd tell me to break it off with him and you know, I just can't do that. I've loved him for two years and I can't just throw away all my feelings for him."

He sighed, "I don't know what to say right now." He said. "Just that you kept this huge secret from me for how long?"

"Three months." You answered quietly and hesitantly.

His eyes widened, "That long? how could you not tell me?"

"I-"

"Tony?" Bucky cut in.

Tony's eyes shifted over to the interruption. Bucky, great.

"Tony, I'm really sorry. We should have told you right away when it started. We just didn't think you'd react in a good way. I just hope you know I'm in love with (Y/N) and would never think of hurting her in any way." Bucky explained.

Tony softened up a bit, as he contemplated the situation. He finally sighed, looking over to you. "I'm really sorry, I should never have judged you two for wanting to be together and I don't want to be the reason that you guys break up. Bucky, I trust that you will treat (Y/N) right so, there's really no reason to complain."

Your eyes lit up, "Thanks daddy, I love you." You smiled and engulfed him into a tight embrace.

He hugged you back as he then looked over to Bucky standing there, he motioned for him to join as you all stood there in a big embrace.

"But, I'm still mad at you for not telling me, (Y/N)." Tony said.

"Fair enough." You decided.

*
*
*

Hey guys! I hope you all had a very scary halloween even though this is like a week late. :S

Hope you enjoyed this imagine! Thank you guys so much for 246k reads! Your support means so much to me. (:

Hope you all are having an awesome weekend and until the next update, I'll catch you later! (; Lol, I'm not funny. (If you didn't get that little reference to this imagine. Haha)

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx