clint barton | jealous

You were sitting on the couch in the living room of the Stark tower with Clint sat beside you.

It was just a normal day at the tower, no missions, no meetings, no plans, nothing.

You looked beside you to see Clint, his eyebrows were scrunched up in concentration, he was playing some game you had no idea of.

Smiling at how cute he looked, you asked him, "What are you playing?"

He didn't look up from his phone, "Uhh, some game called temple run." He stated.

"Are you having some trouble with it?" You laughed.

"N-no, of course not!" He stated. You raised an eyebrow at him, looking over his shoulder.

"Mhm." You mused.

After he died in the game about twenty times he put the phone down frustrated.

"You wanna go do something?" He asked.

Nodding, you answered, "Sure, wanna go for icecream?"

He smiled, "Sounds good."

Both of you stood up and walked over to the small ice cream parlour around the corner before walking up to the counter.

Clint ordered a blueberry cheesecake ice cream in a cone as you ordered a double chocolate ice cream in a cone.

As you both sat down, you looked at Clint lovingly. Clint looked back into your eyes and smiled, taking another lick of his cold, soft ice cream.

You laughed a bit when he accidentally got ice cream on his nose, making you wipe it off with a napkin.

He took your hand across the table as you both ate your ice cream. You were then interrupted by a familiar voice behind you.

"(Y/N)?" The voice asked.

Your face lit up as you recognized the voice, you stood up and turned around "Mike? Oh my gosh! It's so nice to see you!" You exclaimed.

Clint furrowed his eyebrows at you both, "Look at you (Y/N), you're stunning! How's Mandy?" Mike asked.

Smiling at his comment, you answered "Well thank you- and Mandy is good, she's out in Florida pursuing Dentistry right now."

"Wow, great. What are you doing now?" He asked.

"I work at the Avengers tower. I'm the boss." You smiled.

"Wow, success must run in the family." He egged and chuckled lightly, referring to you and your sister, Mandy.

"Kiss up." Clint muttered under his breath and chuckled humourlessly.

You chuckled at his compliment and looked behind you at Clint who, right now didn't seem very amused.

"Mike, this is Clint-" You were cut off by Clint.

"Her fiancé." He said coldly, butting in.

You swallowed, "Yes- and Clint, this is Mike, we used to date back in what?Grade 10?"

"Ooh even better." Clint mumbled under his breath as he put an arm around your waist, protectively.

"Yeah, grade 10 it was." Mike paused and looked at Clint, smiling. "Congratulations on the engagement!" He said to you and Clint.

"Yup. Thanks." Clint answered, bluntly.

"Thank you! So how are you doing, Mike? Anything new?" You asked.

You noticed how Clint was acting and you were starting to wonder if he was jealous. You just rolled your eyes playfully at him as Mike answered.

"Uh, well I got promoted at the FBI. I'm now the head detective." He flashed a handsome smile.

To be honest, Mike was attractive. Very attractive but, he wasn't Clint. You love Clint, what you and Mike had was over a long time ago.

Clint rolled his eyes, "Great for you! I'm Hawkeye, the superhero who has saved the world many times. I think I just beat you by a thousand percent." He exclaimed annoyed before storming out of the parlour.

Your eyes widened at Clint, "I'm so sorry, Mike. I'm sure he didn't mean it but I better get going. It was nice running into you, bye!" You answered before running after Clint.

Mike didn't look very offended, but on the inside you were sure he was. He just answered politely, "Yeah, don't worry about it (Y/N), take care!"

You smiled and told him the same as you caught up with Clint, "What was that for?" You asked, causing him to stop walking.

"I don't like him, (Y/N)." He answered bluntly.

"Well I can see that." You stated. "But it's not like I like him anymore- I love you Clint."

He looked at the ground, "Why'd you guys break up?"

You sighed, "He cheated on me. He apologized after that and we just stayed friends. It's over and done with that was like 10 years ago."

He nodded, "Were you jealous?" You smirked.

"N-no."

You laughed, "Aw, Clint, don't be. I love you." You looked up at him and gave him a small kiss.

"I love you too." He said, smiling.

*
*
*
Heyy! I'm finally on break, so expect more frequent updates! ;)

Thank you guys for 40K!! Oh my goodness, you guys are amazing!! :))

Hope you liked this imagine!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx