steve rogers | birthday shenanigans

"Guys this has to be perfect okay?" You clarified, clearly feeling stressed.

All of the Avengers nodded in response. It was Steve's birthday today, and he was just getting back from a mission that he was sent on about a week ago.

He was supposed to be coming home in about 3 hours and you and the other Avengers had to start decorating your apartment for his surprise birthday party.

"Natasha and Clint, you guys will be in charge of decorating. Thor and Bruce, you guys will be getting the food, and Tony and I will be getting some other friends of Steve's." You ordered.

"Okay, sounds good." Natasha said and walked away with Clint.

"Okay, let's call up some people, Stark." You suggested and smiled lightly.

"Okay, well, there's Fury, Maria, Coulson, and Sharon." Tony said.

"Great, I'll call up Fury and Maria. You call up Coulson and Sharon." You suggested.

You called up the two and neither could make it. Ugh. "Tony can they make it?" You asked him hopefully, after he got off the phone.

He shook his head, "They both have missions today." He sighed.

"Ugh, we're gonna have no guests here at the party besides us." You took a seat and sighed, slumping your shoulders and running a hand through your hair.

"It's okay (Y/N), Steve's not the kinda guy who likes big parties anyway." Tony said softly, making you feel a bit better.

You nodded, "Yeah, you're right. It's just-"

"Uhh, (Y/N), we have a problem." Natasha came into the kitchen, cutting you off.

"Why? What's wrong?" You asked worried.

"Actually, maybe you should really just stay here, seeing as you don't look in the brightest of moods right now." Natasha chuckled nervously.

Your face dropped slightly, "Nat. What is it?" You asked sternly, standing up.

She shook her head as she blocked the exit from the kitchen to the living room, "Nothing!" She exclaimed nervously.

"Natasha let me through!" You groaned, attempting to push past her.

You finally got passed her, as you took in the jaw-dropping sight in front of you.

Bruce was in full on Hulk mode, as he was fighting Clint- who was shooting all of his bows at him. Thor started swinging his hammer around attemping to get Bruce to calm down.

What was the fully decorated room was now a mess! Party streamers were all over the place, the couch was flipped over and popped balloons were everywhere. Plus, not to mention, food was splattered all over the walls.

Tony walked up behind you, "Woah, what happened in here?" He asked, taking in the scene.

"Bruce, Clint and Thor is what happened!" You snapped angrily.

"Enough!" You screamed loud enough so that the three of them could hear it. You had to get them to stop fighting. Clint, Bruce and Thor all turned their heads over to you as they stopped.

Clint was on Bruce's back as Thor had his hammer aimed at Bruce. "What are you guys doing-" Your anger and frustration was cut off by the apartment door opening and closing.

"Hey guys, what's-" Steve paused, taking in the scene before him. "Woah, what happened here?"

You sighed and put your face in your hands, "This was supposed to be a surprise party for you." You groaned.

"But they ruined it!" You said, pointing to Clint, Bruce and Thor, who stood there with saddened expressions on their faces.

Steve sighed, "It's okay (Y/N)," He said, walking over to you and giving you a tight hug. "I love it either way, it's the thought that counts." He continued, sympathetically.

"I just wanted you to have a great welcome home present." You whispered into his chest.

He rubbed your back, "It's okay."

"We're truly sorry, lady (Y/N)." Thor said, sadness clearly in his voice as he put his moljnir down. Clint nodded agreeing, as Bruce turned back into Bruce.

You nodded, pulling away from Steve. "It's okay, I'm going to go to my room and be alone for a bit." You said, leaving the living room.

"First time you can't blame me on something! Hah- in your faces!" Tony smirked but his face fell when everyone glared at him, "I'm just going to leave now."

After Tony left, Steve walked into your room. "Hey sweetheart." He said quietly as he laid down beside you on your bed.

"Hi." You whispered, wiping a tear away.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

You shook your head and turned over, facing him. "This party was a total bust. I wanted to surprise you." You said.

He nodded, "I know sweetheart," He stroked your hair. "-and I love you for it."

"Gosh I missed you." You said, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you too." He whispered, hugging you back.

He pulled away slightly and gently kissed your lips. "I love you." He said.

"I love you too." You smiled lightly.

So, the party might've been a total bust at first but everyone made it up to you and Steve by cleaning up the living room and re-decorating it and having another party.

So maybe it wasn't a total bust.

*
*
*

Hey everyone! Haha, this imagine was long. Oops.

Hope you guys liked this xx

Thank you guys for 74K!! ❤️

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx