steve rogers | missed you

You paced back and forth in your living room, biting your fingernail nervously, as you waited anxiously for Steve to walk through your front door.

Steve had a small mission he was sent on by SHIELD early this morning and he told you that he would be back at around eleven o'clock at night.

It was already two o'clock in the morning and you were wide awake. Every passing second made your heart beat faster and faster.

Every scenario you created in your head made it worse. You felt as if your heart was ready to give out from how fast it was pumping. You couldn't sit, because then you would just get right back up and start pacing again.

After another hour of pacing and waiting for your husband to return, you broke down. Falling to your knees in tears.

If it was a small mission than why was he gone so long? What happened on the mission? Was he okay? You had so many questions but no answers.

You cried yourself to sleep, only to be woken up by the phone ringing by your side an hour or two later.

"Hello?" You asked anxiously into the phone as you held it up to your ear in case it was about Steve's disappearance.

"Hello (Y/N). Steve is badly injured. We're not sure if he is going to make it, can you come to SHIELD?" Fury asked into the phone, concern was clearly in his voice.

"Oh my gosh," You paused, astonished. You nodded, as more tears flew down your cheeks. "Yes.. Yes of course. I'll be there right away."

You slammed the phone down, ending the call in a hurry as you ran to your car. Not bothering to do your hair or makeup.

As you drove in a hurry to SHIELD, you cried, more. Steve was everything to you and if you lost him, you wouldn't know what to do.

You parked your car and quickly ran into SHIELD as Fury walked up to you. "He's in the Intensive Care Unit. Just around here." Fury said.

"What happened on the mission?" You asked him.

"Steve had to go take out one of Hydras bases but we didn't look more carefully for people around and while he was in the base, someone had thrown a bomb inside. Luckily, he wasn't too close to the bomb so he doesn't have many terrible burns on his skin. But, he does have a broken arm and some ribs, and brain trauma." Fury explained as you got to the ICU.

Immediately you saw Steve laying down in the far side of the room and you ran as fast as you could to him. Once you got to him, you hugged him tightly. Cupping his face with your hands, your fingers stroked his soft, blonde hair.

"How could they do this to you?" You cried out, laying your head on his chest.

Fury was behind you by the door, "(Y/N) there's one thing you need to know." He said, seriously.

You furrowed your brows, looking at him. "What is it?"

"He's in a coma. He's been like this ever since we found him." Fury looked down as your jaw dropped.

"No!" You cried out, "No! He can't be!" Tears fell as you stared at his bloody and bruised face. "He- he was supposed to take me out to look at the stars tonight because he told me he always loved staring at the night sky with me!" You snapped.

"(Y/N) I'm so sorry. We're doing everything we can to help him. He-" Fury was cut off by you.

"I don't need your sorry! This is all your fault! You sent him on this mission. You put him in a coma!" You yelled as you hugged Steve as tight as you could.

-

It had been 3 months since Steve fell in a coma. Three months of pain, depression and loneliness.

You would visit him everyday at SHIELD. He never got better or worse. He was the same. Every, single, day.

"Thanks Mere." You smiled at your coworker as you took the utensils from her open hand so you could set a new table up for more customers.

You were busy cleaning up your table and getting it ready, until you heard Meredith's glass shatter into millions of pieces on the floor.

You turned to look at her to see if she was okay, but all her attention was focused to the door.

As you looked over to the door, your mouth formed the perfect 'o' shape.

"Steve?" You asked happily.

He nodded, "Yeah. It's me" He smiled brightly as you ran to give him the tightest hug.

He put his strong arms around you as he stroked your hair. "I missed you so much. I thought you were going to die." You cried into his shoulder.

He shook his head, "I would never die, not when my girl owes me a date." He smiled sweetly as you looked into his eyes.

Your hands cupped his face as he moved some of your hair out of your face. Nodding, he leaned in and kissed you.

It was passionate and one so full of love. You were beyond happy to have him back.

He smiled against your lips, as you both stayed there like that in each others arms, never wanting to let go.

*
*
*
Aw this was long but I LOVED writing this!! Steve is just so cute ahh!

Thank you guys for 85k views! xo

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

Ly all xx