steve rogers | different

[can we just kwksksk, for a second.. like how adorable was chris in this movie? i m  d o n e. okay, now continue reading! bahah]

There was a lightness in your step as you trudged your way toward a small, unknown alehouse that still lifted your spirits otherwise with its welcoming atmosphere. Although you had been to the small alehouse before, this time felt ...different.

You were meeting a man there; the two of you had gone on a few dates before but you weren't dating just yet. He seemed like a good guy from what you could tell so far— he was handsome, sweet, he seemed to care a lot about his family and friends and he was driven on a goal which was exactly what you looked for in a man.

The two of you arranged to meet at the distant barn for another date and you were maybe a little too excited.. but you didn't want to get your hopes up if it somehow wouldn't work out.

As you continued on your way to the alehouse, tiny, pure snowflakes began to fall from the sky ever so gracefully. It wasn't much, but to you— it was a sight for sore eyes.

A smile urged onto your face as you bathed in the falling snow. You began to feel tiny pricks of snow splash your fragile skin but you didn't mind as you continued facing toward the sky.

The snow never failed to faze you; it was simply too astonishing to not pay any attention to. A cold gust of wind rushed past you as your long hair flew with it and you huddled your face closer into your knit scarf for warmth.

Soon enough, you reached the alehouse as you walked in. You were immediately hit with the incoming warmth of the barn as you sucked in a deep breath and quickly glanced around for him.

But he was nowhere to be found. Sighing, you revealed your bare-skinned wrist as you pulled back your sleeve to check the time.

7:55pm.

Well, you were five minutes early, you decided as you made your way toward the counter and took a seat on an empty bar stool.

The alehouse was almost empty as there were only a few other men in there with you. You shrugged off your thick, woollen coat as a younger man walked up to you from behind the bar.

"Hi ma'am, can I get you something?" He asked politely, flashing you a toothy grin.

"Uh, I'll take a frostbite martini, please." You returned his smile as he nodded and left to go make your drink.

You once again let out a sigh as you examined the room around you absentmindedly. Two men were playing pool in the corner opposite of where you currently sat as one of them looked quite focused on hitting a ball into any one of the pockets along the rails.

They were about the only other people in the alehouse with you as you sighed and checked your watch again out of boredom.

8:07pm.

Anytime he'd be here now.

The bell on the door chimed as it opened and you immediately sat up straight, ready to greet him once he walked up to you.

But as you looked over, it wasn't the person you were expecting.. It was a group of about three or four men that bustled their way in to outrun the coolness of the harsh temperature outside.

The one man particularly stood out to you the most— as soon as he walked in, his blue eyes met yours and he sent you a small smile.

You returned his smile just to be polite before you looked away just in time for the bartender to give you your drink.

"Enjoy." He chimed as you thanked him and took a sip.

– 30 minutes later –

After three and a half martini's, he had still not shown up and a pit of disappointment began to fold up in your heart.

You knew you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up because of how dangerous it was— but you did anyways. And that just made your heart sink down even further as you began to feel more and more lonely.

But, that other man who you had seen just a mere half hour ago kept glancing over at you; you could feel it. You didn't know why though, you obviously weren't that special if you couldn't even have your date actually show up.

– 1 hour late –

He had still not shown up and by then you realized you were just wasting your time. You sighed sadly as you placed a twenty dollar bill on the counter and downed the rest of your martini, beginning to feel a little tipsy but not drunk yet.

Typically, you could hold your liquor just fine which came at an advantage to you on most occasions.

"Hi there." An unfamiliar voice spoke up from your right as you turned around to see the man you had seen an hour ago with his friends.

"Uh, hi." You replied in a confused tone as you glanced up at him. Seeing the man up this close now made your heart flutter, he was gorgeous. His ocean blue eyes and infectious smile made your stomach twist into knots.

"He made a really big mistake." He said, shaking his head as he took the empty stool beside you and rested his can of beer on the counter.

Your eyebrows knit together as you looked at him, "I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure I follow.."

"The guy who stood you up. He sure took a loss tonight— I mean, who could stand up such a beautiful woman like yourself? Stupid, stupid, stupid." He chimed as he sent you a soft expression.

Your cheeks blushed as you let out a meager laugh, "I guess I should say thank you for that compliment then?"

"Well, that's what I would do if I was you," He winked at you teasingly as you looked at the man in awe. "I'm Steve— Steve Rogers. And what is your name, love?"

As if your cheeks couldn't have turned anymore red, they did and it never failed to annoy you. Especially in times like this. "I'm (y/n), (y/f/n)." You replied with a small smile.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. Say, we should do this again." He suggested with a smirk.

"D-do what?" You asked, highly confused as you tilted your head slightly to the side.

"This get to know each other thing." He answered.

"Oh. Uh, well sure— yeah. Here's my number, call me anytime." You said, ripping off a small piece of paper from your travel calendar in your purse and jotting your number down on it.

"I definitely will." He nodded, taking the slip of paper from your fragile hand but not forgetting to brush his fingers against yours.

"Goodnight, love."

You slid back into your jacket as you smiled softly at him, "Goodnight Steve."

Instead of leaving the alehouse disappointed like you had expected; you left with a warmth in your heart and a skip in your step.

But this time, you had told yourself you would not get your hopes up like last time just in case— and you hadn't. But this time, it was different.

He showed up.

*
*
*
hey y'all, here's some fluffy steve to warm up your winter;") hope you all enjoyed!

don't forget to vote/comment/follow!

ly all xx