Make a wish

Trinket stared ahead as thick red blood oozed through his fingers. Rhianna was seated in front of him, her body limp and face red.

Short, hideous rasps rattled from her lungs and Trinket kept his eyes lowered at her feet. His arms were sticky and he couldn't help but twitch with every new noise.

He had to finish it, to end her pain... Trinket took a step forward flames of defiance burning in his eyes.

He could do it, he knew he could. Yet as he thrust the blade through the girls throat he couldn't stop himself as he curled up and cried.

Jeff was shaking Trinket from his slumber, alarmed by the sweat and tears that covered the boy. He had only left for an hour to have a shower and to check on kevin.

Trinket looked forward a distant glaze to his eyes as Jeff pulled him in for a hug. He rocked them back and forth tracing circles on Trinkets back to help calm his racing heartbeat.

"What happened to you Trinket?"
Jeff's voice was soft and soothing, drowning Trinket in a blanket of hope; warmer and safer then any thing he had known his entire life. Trinket only swallowed down another of his sobs and snuggled in close as a response.

He felt broken, maybe even was broken. For he had just dreamt of killing the the one of whom he was on a mission to rescue right here and now. Jeff pressed a soft peck to Trinkets hair line and started to talk about the day ahead of them.

"We have a long day to look forward to Trinket, I heard from the Inn lady that we'll get to see a waterfall on our way. It's really big and the water splashes under a bridge that we get to drive over. Kevin said he is starting to see again too; just this morning he said there was a small blue bird flying around his window, the little thing was so excited and he said he wanted to see more of them..."

Jeff bit his lip when he noticed the minimal reaction he got from Trinket and started to play with his hair a tad bit more forcefully.

"I hate it when you look like the worlds about to end ya'know, Where is that cheeky smile the dimples that they produce. Where is the man I have come to love...?" Trinket flinched momentarily and looked up to meet Jeff's gaze. The small unshed tears that were gathered at the corners of his eyes and he seemed so shattered, as if there would never be a sunny day to be seen ever again.

"We will get her back Trinket, We really will..." Jeff was pleading with his eyes, his lips parted gently as he hugged Trinket to his chest in desperation. Jeff was shaking from the vulnerability he felt, His boyfriend was in disarray and he had no idea how to fix this mess.

Trinket leaned back from the embrace slowly and took a fleeting glance outside of the window.

What he saw brought a smile to his lips and tears to his eyes...

There was Rhianna, just that of five nights ago. She had a huge; as in bigger then her Stuffed Purple unicorn. It had been covered from head to toe in fluff and had a spunky rainbow mane and tail. She screamed out in glee as she cuddled with it and started to Gush about how cute it would to cuddle it with her pets back home.

She was a real pet lover, Trinket had learned that about her quicker than anything else. They were her pride, Joy and only love. She adored all animals and never stopped talking about how cute they are and how smart, reliable and funny they can be. Like her own ideal boyfriend in a way.

Trinket had laughed alot that shopping trip, He'd even had his debut... But as he slowly thought further along that day he remembered what happened when they came home and slowly the happy images that played before his eyes began to vanish.

Jeff was still by his side, noticing how Trinket had brightened then dimmed again. It was if a pleasant memory had flashed in and out of Trinkets heart, pulling him back together then tearing him apart ferociously.

Out the window he stared along with Trinket, watching the trees sway and leaves fall. The fresh fragrance of flowers gave through to feelings of relief and The pair snuggled closer from their small floor love seat.

As they were staring out a small red bird began to swirl in their field of view.

Then it was joined by a slightly bigger black one that started to fly circles around the first, careful not to disturb it's flight but also synchronizing to make the pair look perfect together.

Suddenly a small blue one popped up in the equation; This little one started to chase the love birds and Jeff broke into a gentle grin, Trinket still peering on expectantly.

The little bird drifted to a branch not too far off and started to groom itself.

Lastly came a brown sparrow. This one didn't chase the pair but merely began to match their pace, The sparrow stayed close to the black bird but quickly became comfortable with the Red one and began to fly all out with them.

The three danced through the sky, their feathers shining magically every time they turned and weaved. Jeff and Trinket where genuinely enthralled by the birds performance.

Trinket had a huge grin on his face and it was as if his eyes could make the stars shine brighter at night.

That was until they spotted the two feral cats. The birds still flew unaware, even being as dull as to fly just above the grass. The blue birdy noticed the cats and sat perched high in his tree, watching closely as the predators closed in.

Trinket looked away as he noticed the cat getting ready to pounce and heard Jeff gasp lightly. The smiles where gone in a heart beat and Jeff had a single tear run down his cheek.

Killing humans was nothing, destroying a whole family was a walk in the cold crisp night air... But watching the small Brown sparrow being brought down, torn at by the cats and devoured; It made his heart twist painfully.

"I'm so sorry Trinket... I promise we'll get our little Sparrow back, safe and sound in her cage she'll be,"

Trinket nodded and the pairs lips met for a moment, both of them pouring their love and sorrow into the short peck... as if it could sweep away all their pain for just a moment.

~~~~~~~~~

...Does any of this chapter make sense? I feel like if I was repeating myself over and over and my head is swirling yahh~ I hope that you guys are able to interpret this at least haha~

I love these >~~<

Trinket and Jeff are having an emotional morning ;( I didn't get exactly where this was leading to at first but I understand it all now. And I am really excited for The next chapter in Rhianna's perspective!

Oh And hoped you liked the big fluffy purple unicorn, added the rainbow mane and tail because I was thinking of Nyan cat at the time hehe~ and the array of emotions it portrays was a good link to how Trinket was feeling... Hmm~ telling you how i think may make peep's explode 0_0 but yeah Rhianna Loved that unicorn while it was there to cuddle. - Thanks for the suggestion NotSoCuteAfterAll!

Thanks everyone for reading my story, so excited to be on 1.37 thousand reads! If you ever meet my friends they'll tell you all about my ecstatic behavior at how awesome you guys are. So~ As I always say I love you all, My wonderful, fantastic readers and I hope you enjoyed this puzzle,

so~ Remember to

Vote.Comment.Love