Tears of an Angel

Rhianna let her legs stretch out and felt her skirt gather under her bottom. It was cold on the floor of the van but she was blindfolded and recently bound.

Jack had gotten sick of her pulling the blind off and bashing against the walls for his attention, leaving her to instead bash her head, leaving it throbbing.

Slender could still hear it, the gentle thud, thud thud. Her head not stopping unless she had to shift or sneeze. 

He turned himself to Jack who was beside him, this had been going on all morning, from the early morning that they had left till now, ten AM. Jack hadn't slept a wink and he still looked spooked from his own actions.

He threw his hand back as fast as he could and screamed. A jump and groan could be heard from the other side and the thumps stopped. 

They drove for another twenty minutes until both turned to one another. She had been so silent, nothing to show that she was still alright.

Slender pulled the car over and threw it into park. Jack jumping out soon after and throwing open the back door.

Blood covered the back of Rhianna's head and the wall that she had used.

Jack pulled her into his arms and checked for a pulse, scared that she may of somehow died. He was relieved when he finally found it but he still had to take care of the head wound. 

Slender leaned down and put a first aid kit beside him before clicking the light and closing the side door. Jack went to get up and follow but he soon heard the engine start up and began to understand what he was meant to do.

Jack began to pull out some disinfectants and swabs. Pulling her hair back and slowly pressing away at the dried blood. It was surprising how bad the damage was until Jack saw how old and bumpy the wall was.

She was a weird girl... to have continued for hours on end before collapsing. But maybe it really was just in wait of his reaction, so that he would maybe come to her and get her to stop.

The blood was gone from her hair and he began to rub a salve over the wound to seal the deal. She flinched in pain as it hit her skin and Jack caught his breath, waiting for her to wake up. He removed the bonds from her and the blindfold.

There was sweat gathered at her brow and he wiped it away with a clean cloth. She seemed to mutter in her slumber and a tear fell from the corner of her eye.

She repeated her sentence again and again, more tears following. 

'What did I do?' 'What have I done?' 'What have I done?'

Rhianna sounded tired and her voice was raspy. Jack listened to her words and put his forehead to hers. What was he supposed to say to her? That she had betrayed him, told the people who were trying to save her where to go.

"You called him, they knew, so it must of been you," Jack felt himself choke up and pressed his lips to her nose. It screwed up from under his lips and he felt Rhianna shift from under him.

Her eyes looked up at him, glossy and pearled. They held disbelief and fear, hope was somewhere too but maybe Jack was just looking for a positive in that stare, that empty stare. 

"How could you even say that?" She pushed off his lap and rolled to the opposite side, pulling her knees up and putting her head down.

Jack crawled forward and held his hand out, almost like one of those interpretive dances. She kicked his hand away and raced away to the next corner.

"I didn't call anyone. I slept through the night after reading a few books," Rhianna buried her head further down and even went as far as to put her arms over her head.

"Lies! You made that call Rhianna, I know you did!" He threw an accusing finger her way and stood at his full height in pride.

"How can you look so proud to be accusing me of such things?" Rhianna spat at his feet as best she could and crawled further into the corner, her head throbbed and she wondered why she had ever wanted him to come to the back to talk. 

Jack screwed up his nose and shook his head, he wasn't wrong, he definitely wasn't wrong this time.

"I wish I had been the one to make that call..." 

Jack looked over at the sincere look in her eyes, the tears already streaming freely.

"Then this treatment would be justified, then I wouldn't feel so cheated," She humphed with a shrug and went into her own little state of loss.

Jack himself felt slightly dejected by her attitude but decided to instead ignore in and get comfortable in the dark space until their next pit stop.

Jack let his shoulders sag and breathed a sigh, his eyes were rimmed blue from the sleepless nights and the stressful journey.

He heard the gentle breathing of Rhianna lulling off to sleep and glanced up to see her slowly slipping down the wall.

He seemed to come to a decision and crawled to her, checking her to be asleep before pulling her into his arms and laying his head on her shoulder. How could she be telling the truth. He was conflicted over which to believe, his gut feeling or the woman who laid before him with an angels tears in her eyes.

He brushed her hair from her eyes and kissed each, trying to be gentle but still show that he had some belief in her, without physically showing her.

He didn't want her to notice, but the small smile at her lips that went unnoticed by him spoke a thousand words to Rhianna's heart.

She didn't want him to notice that she could feel him surrounding her and yet she kind of wanted him to see it, to know that she could hear him, no matter how silent his plea's could seem.

Though who knows, maybe the heart of one in love spoke more lies than she was able to understand.

People do say that Love is blind, as is fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok~

I'm glad to of gotten this done and kind of hope that I can update sometime this week.

I have been delayed by assessment and things along similar mark but who can really complain when that is what school is for.

I hope you guys like this awkward chapter and I have to apologise for the fact that this story is coming to its end soon enough, and I am sad to know that I suck at endings~

I love you guys and hope you all enjoyed

From StripeySparrow

Vote.Comment.Love