Head start

Jeff let out a guttural cry and punched the wall in frustration. This had to be wrong, They couldn't of missed her again!

"Please settle down sir, they left late last night. They couldn't be more than the next town at this time..." Trinket leaned back in his chair with a loud, exaggerated sigh. This was getting them nowhere.

"Why did they leave?" Kevin and Jeff seemed livid at the idea of them having a reason other than because they could, but the blue lady with a mother's smile nodded in thought at Trinket's question.

"That Jack boy... He came in most upset with his tall gangly friend yelling about the girl betraying him, saying she had called her little Trinket. He was throwing chairs across the room to her... " The trio paled, looking at the table with only one chair. Had he killed her in his maddened state?

"He had calmed by time her got to her, rest assured. She left my Inn alive," Trinket and Kevin visibly relaxed but Jeff was less ready to let his guard down. 

"I was called by Slenderman... Rhianna did nothing," Jeff lowered himself into the chair and planted his head to the table. What had he done?

A waitress placed a tea in front of the boys and the mistress before bowing quickly and scurrying to the kitchens for their lunch. They looked like  a serious crowd, even to nervous onlookers and non looked well rested. 

Creepy's that have gone day's without sleep are never a crowd to be meddled with.

"Do we have a way to get to her, quicker than they can run of course?" Kevin had hope sparkling in his eyes, one of the three had to know of some way they could beat, if not intercept their target.

Jeff sunk his head lower into the table in a sign of finally giving it all up.

"How do we tell her parents? 'Sorry Mr, your daughter was kidnapped from my house - I'm a murderer just so you know - and ever since my boyfriend, the Pr!ck responsible and I myself have been chasing her half way across this god forbidden country to attempt to get her back...' What have we done?" Trinket cuddled his boyfriends shoulders in support as the small thread of 'sanity' began to tear. 

Missy sat in the center of the table her tail waving in the air as she observed the pair in front of her. She made a low 'meowing' sound and pointed her head to the mistress when she got their attention. Kevin looked to the lady while the others stared at the black cat who was freakish enough to do such a thing.

"If you three wouldn't mind me saying..." The mistress petted Missy in thanks and made sure she had the trio's attention before continuing.  

"I heard they were going to bypass the point, something about not wanting to taint the girl. They will be stopping three towns from here, taking the long route round," She waved another waiter forward and they placed a small map on the table.

"You know where we are Jeff?" He nodded in response, antsy to have her continue.

"If you travel through this road you will cut about five days from your trip. Pray the poor child makes it that far," Jeff traced the road he would have to travel and turned to look at the alternate route. 

"This one... What if it kills my passengers?" Trinket jumped away at the word kills. Was Jeff insane?!

"Only if you take pit stops or make stupid decisions, I promise that it will surely make it quick. You can beat them there and get the leap on them," The mistress was almost begging them to take her route, almost ready to go to her knees.

Jeff stared at the map for a moment, looking perplexed at the chances he had. He could cut five days from their trip and beat them to the chosen battlefield, or, he could blindly follow behind them and risk the chance of them murdering Rhianna and this whole trip being useless. 

"Jeff... I really want to save her, considering it was my fault but, Death?" Jeff knew that Kevin had a point, how could he risk two lives to save a third. It was a huge shot of favoritism and that wouldn't sit well in his stomach if the worst were to come to pass. 

"This is only a day's drive, Jeff we can get there faster than the other routes and as the mistress said. We are safe as long as you keep going," everyone's eyes were on Jeff, anticipating his decision and clearly judging him off of it. 

"Trinket what if something happens on the road there? Like we run out of gas or run into thieves?!" Kevin was flailing his arms in the air, screaming his point of view with fear in his voice. 

Trinket gave his cowardice friend a heavy set glare, picking himself up from the chair and halfheartedly throwing a punch. It caught Kevin off guard and he was flung across the room and to the floor.

"How dare you propose that we leave her! You are the reason that we're are in this mess! It's your fault that she is missing!" Trinket dived forward a new feeling of hatred flowing through his heart. He took Kevin by the neck and pressed his thumbs to the windpipe, making his friend splutter for air and claw at his arms. 

His grip was loose enough to not completely constrict the air but it was painful as Frig to breath. Jeff and the Mistress showed no sign of jumping to Kevin's aid and even went back to what they were doing before.

He waited a few minutes before dropping Kevin to the floor with a smug grin.

"We are taking the short cut, and you are coming along. Even if I have to tie you to the roof and let the crows get to you," Kevin paled and slid back, clutching his legs to his chest with fear in his eyes.

Trinket stepped forward and stomped his front foot down.

"Do you hear me!?"

Kevin nodded quickly and put up no more words of objection. 

"Much better. Now get some sleep, we leave tonight," Jeff stood up and pulled his map and small bag of belongings with him as the mistress showed him to their rooms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again~

 I understand that I haven't updated in forever but worry not!

This chapter was a little more loaded then my brain could compute for this cutesy little story and I had to mold it more to my want.

but who cares, it's here!

I am hoping to update soon and love you guys ~

Bai~

And please remember to 

Vote.Comment.Love