Racing the Trees

"The mistress said the next left didn't she?" Trinket held the map to the side and nodded his head. Kevin letting out an exaggerated sigh with his arms up and a pained smirk on his face.

"Why did you have to prove me right?" Jeff laughed nervously with a shrug.

"This road is just really confusing, we will be fine," Jeff nodded to himself in reassurance but didn't fail to see Trinket shaking his head with the map upside down and still turning.

Jeff crawled the car to a stop as the next left broke off into a dirt road with shrubbery and horizontal trees. The trios jaws hung down and the fear they each felt grew to all new heights.

"Maybe we should backtrack..." Trinket looked at Kevin then to Jeff, it was too late for them to turn back, but this road looked like a death trap.

Jeff threw his arms up, then pressed his foot down. Making a quick jump off the side of the road and onto the dirt track. Kevin screamed, clutching his legs with his arms and squeaking with every pot hole. 

After the first couple hundred meters the road seemed to settle, even becoming smooth, but something in the air had changed, and the road seemed almost unused...

The trees became darker and loomed closer to the roof of the truck, Trinket was shifting uncomfortably as he noticed this.

"Jeff, why are we meant to not stop along this road?" Trinket went to wind his window down but stopped when a couple branches leaned in closer to the car.

"Jeff..." Trinket looked up along the path and noticed all the trees doing much the same, just, leaning towards the car.

It was intimidating.

Kevin peeked out from his protective shell and seemed to silently scream at the leaves that rested up against his window, pulling it down. 

Trinket too became alarmed and pulled the window up as well as he could. The trees were trying to get in!

"Jeff What the hell is this!?" Jeff was sweating as he maneuvered the road as best as he could, not even paying attention to his panicked passengers. 

A branch to Kevin's left finally got itself in and wrapped aggressively around his arm, so tight he let out a yelp. 

Trinket turned as the branch began to pull his friend out and he looked to the floor and reached forward, he picked up the blunt blade and started to hack at the branch. 

A high pitched squealing sound came from the trees outside and he hacked harder. Each time he did the car would rattle as they beat upon the roof. 

"Get that bloody thing out the car!"

"I'm trying you old fart!" Trinket took one last swing and watched the branch collapse to the seat and shrivel to half its original size. 

Kevin fell back with a sigh and proceeded to wrap himself back into a ball. Trinket doing much the same, without the roll of course.

Jeff pushed his foot down and the car kicked into life, streaking down the road a lot faster then what they had been before. 

The cars roof was bent in and at least two of the windows were broken or shattered. Trinket was looking with beady eyes around the trees waiting for the next attack. As was Kevin whenever he dared to look up.

A loud screech came from somewhere behind them but other than that the trees seemed to of stopped resisting. 

Trinket turned his whole body to Jeff with a loud 'bang' as his fist connected with the center console. Jeff only jumped slightly but the action was still noticed. But Trinket didn't care.

"What was that!? Did you know about it?" Jeff continued to stare forward but his hand twitched away from the wheel in retaliation.

Trinket leaned forward a little further, his hand clenching the center console even tighter. Jeff glanced to the side and kept quiet, what else could he do?

"Jeff... Just answer me," Jeff's head hung as low as possible whilst trying to drive, and he let out a whimpered sigh. 

"Yes..."

"Yes what Jeff?" Jeff clenched the steering wheel and ground his teeth.

"Yes I knew! Everyone from Scavengers point knows that," Trinket had Kevin both looked at him with dismay.

"I didn't mean to hide it from you pair... but if I told you we would of gone the long way around," Jeff took a glance at Trinket, and like he had hoped, the shoulders fell.

They just wanted to get her back.

"Anyways we only have a little bit of road left till we get there. So get over it," Trinket shook his head, slightly disappointed.

"Kevin could've died!" Jeff slammed on the brakes and finally turned his attention to Trinket.

"Stop being melodramatic, for all we know Rhianna could be dead!" Jeff seemed to be close to tears, for reasons maybe non of them would know.

Trinket reached forward to try and comfort his boyfriend but was pushed back.

"You keep trying to justify Kevin's actions! Yet he is the one who did this to her, she could die, Jack will kill her!" Jeff huffed out in annoyance. 

Trinket sunk back into his seat and stared forward. Was there really any use trying to fight for this?

"We'll reach town in the next hour, just before night hits," Trinket looked out to the window and watched the few remaining tree's blur past with the orange glow of the sun behind them.

Kevin took a glance at it too.

"Funny, they tried to kill me yet right now they look so beautiful. Like an oil painting," Trinket bobbed his head in agreement, even Jeff gave a grunt in agreement.

"We are always dazzled by the things that we survived,"

Trinket blinked a few times and tipped his head to the side, hoping that there wasn't some hidden meaning behind those words.

"Lucky then that I was already dazzled by you well before you stood over my bed that night," Trinket was grinning and Jeff had the tiniest of blushes at his cheeks, only him, only ever him.

How could he ever deny it, he too was dazzled well before there official meeting. Perhaps Fate was on his side for once, even if she was a bitch in council.

"Thanks Fate, I promise to drop by sometime this week, when I get the time," Trinket and Kevin gave Jeff a lopsided look each but neither pressed the issue, Jeff didn't need to be reminded that he was crazy.

~~~~~

OMG I am so slow~

But it's here!

I hope you guys enjoy, and happy Easter, well soon at least~

I remember the chapters that were written for Easter last year, Jeff that chocoholic~

haha~

P.S. The photo attached to this chapter is one my Brother and I took on our drive to Rockhampton (Queensland), I thought it matched this chapter quiet well~ I hope you guys like it

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed and Bai for now~

Please don't forget to~

Vote.Comment.Love