Forgive the Silent One

Jeff glanced at the map, they had four more houses along their current street and then they had another seven streets so maybe seventy more houses after the four. He was already exhausted from the knocking, peeking and leaving. They were unsure on if this was really where they were meant to be but it was one of the few towns around. It was also Slenders origin town, so it had more then enough reason to be a spot they could find her at.

"Jeff," Trinket grabbed his arm but was shaken off. There was what looked to be another small house drawn on the map, away from here near town square.

"Jeff look up, its Rhianna!" Jeff's eyes snapped up and sure enough there stood Rhianna and Slender in the middle of the street, watching them stumble down the porch steps and into the yard.

"Slender... Can we have her, please," Jeff subconsciously reached for her, everyone gasping as they noticed his usually pale skin aglow with an orange tinge. He was actually tanning in the low sun! He held back his own shock and kept walking to her.

She looked at Slender then ran forward to hug Jeff. He 'oomphed' in surprise but patted her back and pulled his arms in an almost hug nonetheless. This little girl had them off on an adventure half way across the country. What more could be said.

"Hi," Trinket pulled her from Jeff's arms and hugged her as tight as he could. She flailed her arms for a second before getting comfortable. They were her boys, she was there girl. They had finally gotten her back. She glanced back at slender as she released from Trinket and she shuffled her feet awkwardly.

"What will Jack do?" He looked left then to her, gently lifting his shoulders in a shrug.

"That was rude, he isn't stupid," she pouted at him whilst the boys looked at her in wonder. She had understood that? Even Jeff had a moments hesitation trying to figure out the exact meaning.

"Won't he try to kill us?" That was followed by a very obvious nod, something they all understood. Rhianna pondered over that fact but didn't step away from the boys, they were her safety... Well for now at least.

Jeff led them to his car regardless and tried to drag Rhiannas' eyes away from slender. He wanted to get them free from this town, something ominous was approaching and it was after them. Be it Jack or something more.

"Thank you Slender!!" Rhianna waved a good bye and felt the car jolt forward and race away. Her throat went dry at the thought of missing her chance to hug Jack once more, but he was nothing but a monster anyways. Why should she love him?

"Trinket ~ do you have any water?" He passed her a bottle and remained turned around to talk.

"Are you feeling okay, those clothes look funny too," he pointed at the striped shirt and baggy pants. Clown clothes. Jacks clown clothes.

"I've seen better days but I don't overly mind. Plus these are Jacks, I was blessed with a shower this morning," they laughed dryly at her joke but didn't break the ice to that problem any further.

"Where is Kevin? They didn't...." Her mouth opened in shock with tears welling up. Both the boys looked at her in concern but couldn't quiet understand.

"Did they k.... Kill Kevin? Is he dead?" Trinket grabbed he hand the minute she spat it out, she was in tears at the thought of such a thing.

"He is fine Rhi, he is actually very healthy right now if memory serves me well," Jeff nodded I stern agreement. Still not over his slight dislike over the boy. Rhianna sniffles her sobs and smiled at Trinket.

"I'm glad..."
'Hiccup'
"I thought they had killed him for sure,"
She sobbed into Trinkets palm. It was good to have her back, but she didn't seem the same.

"I'm sorry for what happened Rhianna, I really am.. You should never of gone through this," she pressed her cheek into his tear filled palm and nodded. Her teary eyes glistening with understanding.

"Its not you who caused it. But I fear this isn't the end, that would be too easy wouldn't it?" Jeff grimaced, she was too right for comfort. Something else was going to happen, and if it didn't end in death then they could all sign it off as a miracle.

"Where are we going Jeff?" Rhianna straightened in her seat as she recovered herself, ready to be brave again and stop the silly tears.

"To a motel, its just outside town. Its where Kevin is plus there is a town next door with some car gadgets and medication I need," she nodded whilst getting comfortable in her seat. She had no idea how long they would be but the scenery was beautiful and the chairs felt like heaven.

"How long where we travelling in human time? It feels like its only been a month," she muttered the last part under her breath, admiring the birds playing by road side.

"By now at least three or four months... Time is a week per each month here, it adds an all new meaning to 'time sure flies'," Rhianna gulped. That was well past all her holidays and early term tests.. She really didn't want to repeat, plus her father would be worried sick.

"Trinket~ I need to borrow your notes~" he looked at her as if she were crazy. Which in this moment seemed highly possible.

"Rhianna, I haven't got any notes to share," her eyes turned to him with a glare. She also had a glint of playfulness there but he was too frightened to notice.

"How are we gonna pass you imbecile!" Her voice was light and playful as she jumped forward to grip his hair and tangle it in her fingers.

"I wanna pass, I wanna pass~" she sang gleefully in his ears, making him wince and push her away. Jeff enjoyed the playful atmosphere she had created, it was light, fluffy and a lot more calming then the heavy set cloud they had endured for a month.

"Welcome home Rhianna," she giggled and looked over at him placing a hand on his shoulder and smiling as wide as she could.

"I'm home~"

~~~~~~

OK. This is nearing the end *cries*
This will seem to pass quickly, but please don't hate me ")

Some users may choose to end the story at this chapter, and I welcome you to, however the real ending is to be soon. And it may be undesirable to some (many) but it was my goal from the very first chapter so please do read it.

I hope you have enjoyed Jeff's new Trinket so far and I will post updates when I figure out the rewrites formula, release time and maybe an actual update pattern (once I'm back in a position where I have a laptop and keyboard plus no terrible problems that hinder me)

Thank you for reading so far!!

Love you and please remember to ~~

Vote.Comment.Love