Seeking no evil

Jeff held the small necklace in his hands. The locket being the only thing he took after his trip to visit his only family. The picture of his cousin and her younger brother were all that he could care to keep.

The youngest, the adorable Tepper had died early... His fathers drunk antics killing him at nine years old. Jeff missed that boy, he was a fire brighter then a star. Jeff placed the chain around his neck and kissed the locket before jumping the car into gear to get ready to leave. It was around midday and the servo he was stationed at had a load of military and police type people milling around.

It was dangerous to stick around and a scarf in summer was very uncommon. A red scarf was wrapped around Jeffs mouth to stop people from seeing the scars on his cheeks, it would be hard not to fit the profile if he fit the picture that well.

A hand landed on his door and Jeff jumped a young officer looking in with a crease at his brows. Jeff rolled the windows down and stuck his head out.

"There a problem mate?" The officer pulled out his notebook and wrote on the paper. Jeff was impatiently waiting for the officer to talk and tapped his foot.

"You have a license? Or number plates?" Jeff let out a sigh, the friggin number plates! He forgot about the fake plates!

"Sorry man, not the time," the officer looked confused but Jeff stuck a fist at his face and sped away.

The mans interuption had reminded Jeff of slendermans warning. Time was not on his side, they were two towns away from the point and Rhianna's life was in danger.

Jeff wished that he had brought Trinket and Kevin now but it was too late for regrets. He had to get them and go.

He could make their town by nightfall tomorrow if they didnt stop.

They were in a town called Kingdoms Blue, everyone had pale blue skin and striking blue eyes. Some even blessed with a big black frown.

Rhianna would be safe with slenderman watching over her and Jack was known for keeping his captives alive and well.

Jeff saw the road sign leading him back to the motel and he took the turn off before popping his door and dashing to the room.

The door flung open to Trinket laying on the floor a kitten in the air above him. The house keeping lady was speaking to him about kitten care and Jeff let his heart sink, yet another stray to add to the mix.

"Oi! We gotta go Trinket!" He jumped up clutching the kitten and threw it towards the lady before dashing to the next room for Kevin. She placed it in a picnic basket and folded towels and treats on top of it.

"The boy found him outside, I packed food for you all. Enjoy your drive darling," Jeff was shocked at how kind the lady was until he remembered her walking in the other day and he blushed pink.

He muttered his thanks and wandered in to see Trinket packing a bag and Kevin struggling to get his shirt on properly, it was sort of back to front at the moment. Jeff helped him with that and Trinket grabbed a Sars from the fridge.

"We're ready... what's the rush Jeff? I've never seen you so rushed," Jeff turned and pecked his lips, a grin resting comfortably.

"We can catch up if we drive west, they have stopped off for a rest. Too many time hops can kill a human and they want Rhianna alive," Both boys before him seemed to jump at the thought of saving their friend, who in a way should never of been involved in this huge kerfuffle.

Kevin rushed to the door, dodging anything in his way. He had gotten better with his judgement of space and he seemed more in control of his emotions now that he had pulled his shit together.

Trinket guided him out the door two bags under his arms. Jeff grabbed the last bag and picked the basket up on his way out. He was eyeing off the blocks of chocolate and made a mental note to nom on them during the drive, Trinket could hand feed him just to be safe.

The trio threw the things in the car and got settled in, the basket on Trinkets lap in the passengers side. They had spent a while on the road and Jeff felt like they were repeating their actions pretty often. So yet again he threw the car into drive and sped down the down.

"We're on the highway to hell," Kevin was humming from the back, an eerie silence following close behind his voice. Trinket laughed dry and low, the song wasn't that far from the truth. It was an adventure from here on out.

Jeff noticed the sudden tension and motioned to the basket. The kitten swiped at his hands and clutched to his wrist. Trinket saw the chocolate and pulled it out to unwrap. Jeff and the cat both perked up at the sight and Kevin laughed from the back.

Trinket placed a piece in Jeff's mouth before grabbing the small fluff ball and placing it around Jeffs neck. It massaged it's small paws into his neck and Jeff let out a moan. His shoulders were so tight from stress it wasn't even funny.

Both Trinket and Kevin burst out laughing at his reaction and the cat let out a purr.

"What are you naming that walking claw Thomas?" Trinket rubbed at his chin and gave a lopsided grin.

"What about... Miss Illusion? Or should it be Hope?" Kevin seemed to think about it too.

"Why illusion?" Jeff voiced Kevin's confusion and he looked expectantly through the rear view mirror for a reply.

"Honestly not sure, she just seemed like an illusion when I first found her. She had shown the strength I no longer felt. She brought me new hope," Jeff nodded and rubbed his cheek on the little cat.

"We can call her Missy when we feel lazy. Miss Illusion is an adorable name for her," Missy purred in Jeff's here for a reply, she must of loved that name.

Miss Illusion.

The new strength for this trio of misfits.

Let's just hope she wasn't a real illusion

~~~~~~~~~

○●□■
And update done, sorry for the wait but I wanted these guys to have a lovely little kitten, miss Illusion is adorable, my love for her is eternal.

Love you guys, not much to say, good day, good bye.

Vote.Comment.love