Chapter 3 Caring

Previously, on His alpha her omega

I look down at him. He lies flat, but his eye wanders towards my direction. "I'll protect you, okay? I promise," I whisper to him. His eyes slowly close, as I continue to slowly walk towards the Pack Hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A while later, I come around the final turn that leads to the Pack Hospital. It's past dusk now. The hospital itself looks like a regular old human hospital, they've even got ambulances, but they are much more heavily built than regular ones, which is understandable.

I look down at my mate, he slowly opens his honey colored eyes. As he does, he whimpers.

"Hey, Wake up babe. we're here," I say softly.

As I walk through the automatic doors, I expect to be seen right away. After all, that's how it's supposed to be. The Alpha's get seen first, so that they can get the right treatment, get better, and then go back to leading the pack. However, when I walk into the Hospital, I find this to not be the case. The people around me take a quick glance towards me, then my mate, before going back to what they were doing previously.

We wait around for a few minutes. Why are they taking so long? I ask myself. When I broke my leg last summer while hunting deer, the doctors didn't hesitate on getting me a room. I look around the waiting area. There are not many people, one or two at the most. I then turn on the pack mind link to see if it's a critical patient that's causing the hold up. I find nothing.

I take a deep breath, my temper boiling over as an angered heat spreads all throughout my body.

"How dare you! It's one thing for all of you to ignore me, but he's my mate, and the future Alpha of this pack. I will not have you disrespecting him in any way, and anyone who thinks otherwise gets to see me in my office at the end of the day!" I announce in my Alpha tone through the pack mind link.

One by one, they all look at me in shock. I was so mad just then, in fact the only reason I didn't scream it out was because I didn't want my mate to get scared, more so than he already was.

"A-Alpha?" A female's shaky voice from behind me speaks up.

I turn around, and see my personal nurse, Shelby Green, with her red hair done up in a French braid, and her baby blue eyes locked firmly onto me.

I turn around. Her eyes land on my mate. At first her face is stunned, as if in disbelief, but then she shakes her head.

"Follow me please, Alpha," she calmly says, slowly turning around, and starting to lead me towards my private room.

"Sorry, Alpha, for the misunderstanding, please accept our apologies" Shelby pleads.

"Apologies accepted, just get him better," I urgently say.

"Yes ma'am, we'll try," she says, slightly nodding her head

We walk up to a brown colored door, and we both step in. Inside are two doors. One to the left, where I get my checkups. Meanwhile, the door to the right is where I go if I need critical care.

Shelby then looks towards me. "Alpha, if you're getting tired, I can hold him for you," She says, slowly holding her arms out towards my mate.

I growl at her and say, "Mine, back off," in my Alpha voice. I then feel the guilt rise up within me and my head falls to my chest. "I'm sorry Shelby," I apologize softly.

"It's okay, that's normal. Anyway, you know where you're going, so lead the way," She says, motioning towards the doors.

I lift my head back up, nod, and head straight towards the left door. The automatic doors open, and we walk inside.