Chapter 25 A Wolf On the Inside

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

My aunt stands up. "It's up to you, Sophie. What do you want to do?"

I only need a second to answer. "Let's make a rescue plan." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luka's P.O.V.

I awake in a dimly lit room. It's dark, but I can tell I'm not at home with Sophie. I try to move my hands. A sharp, burning pain rips through my wrists. I look down and I can just barely see that my wrists are bounded by something, but I can't tell what because of the lighting.

Suddenly all the memories - the bet that I made with my love, the chicken I found, my howling for Sophie to help me, right before I passed out - flood back into my mind. I'm being held captive against my will. I'm back in my worst nightmare, but this time I can't wake up from it.

I have to try to get out of here, I think to myself. The sharp, burning pain in my wrists intensifies as I struggle against the shackles around my wrists. After a few seconds of struggling, I stop and breathe in deeply.

Then, with no warning, the lights above turn on, bathing the room in bright white light. I look down and see that my wrists are bounded by two silver cuffs that are attached to the arms of a little wooden chair that I'm sitting in.

A voice snaps me out of my thoughts. A deep, strong male voice. "So, Luka, you're finally awake." I look up to see a tall wolf with greased jet black hair, slightly tanned complexion, and turquoise blue eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask him simply.

"My name is Ace Summers, Alpha of the Ruby stone Pack." He replies to me, almost stoically.

"You're Sophie's former boyfriend."

"I am, and I want her back"

"Well you can't have her back, she's my mate and that means..." I trail off when I see another wolf walk in, carrying an object with an iron handle and something round and silver on the end of it.

The nameless wolf hands it to Alpha Ace. "Tell me, do you know what this is, Luka?" he asks me with a smirk. I shake my head.

"This is a little toy that I got just for you." He moves the object towards the bottom of my leg near the top of my foot.

As soon as those words leave his mouth, my blood turns to ice. My heart starts to race, and my entire body flinches. The object halts momentarily. Ace looks up at me. "Try not to move too much. It'll make this go a lot easier if you don't."

He touches the object to my leg. I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

***

Sophie's P.O.V.

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

The rest of the group is sitting around the meeting table. Three days have passed since Luka was kidnapped and ever since then we've gone through countless rescue plans. But we still haven't been able to produce a map of the Ruby Stone Pack grounds, which has hindered our progress somewhat.

"I'm sorry, Alpha Sophie. We've been here for so long now that the memories of our old home are rather hazy." Susie is a snowflake gray wolf with jade eyes who came with the breakaway group from Ace's pack.