Chapter 39 Oatmeal Kisses

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega     

"Really, you love me so much that you would let me go for training for two years because you know it will make me happy. Does my happiness mean that much to you, Sophie?" Luka asks, his voice tinged with sadness.

"Of course it does, Luka. No matter where you are, or where you go, you'll always be my mate and that's for always. And as you told my uncle beforehand, two years is a pretty short period of time. We'll be back together again before you even know it."

Luka lets out a slight huff. "Thanks, Sophie Jane."

I get up from the bed, turn around and hug Luka gently. "Oh, and Luka, just because I'm your mate and I'm going to agree with whatever you decide to go with, it doesn't mean I want you doing anything illegal, and if you do something anything illegal, you're so on your own."

Luka breaks into laughter. It feels so go to hear my mate laugh again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie

By late afternoon, Luka's burns have healed up further. Some of the bad ones, like the ones on his legs, shoulders, and arms, still have a thin layer of dried blood on top, while the smaller ones have turned a shade of light pink. The wounds on his knees have scarred over.

As of now, it's just dusk, with the last raise of orange sunlight streaming through the hospital room window. Suddenly, I hear the sound of footsteps, followed by Cody's shirtless form.

"Cody, do you really have to come in here shirtless with my mate lying in the bed beside me, watching you?"

"I know. This will only take a sec, but I thought you two might want to see what Heather and I got up to last night." He slowly turns around. "Bang!" He reveals a fresh black mate mark on his right shoulder.

"Wow, Cody, did you and Heather really mark each other last night?" Cody nods. I throw my arms around him in a warm embrace.

I hear a low growl coming from Luka. It's his Alpha tone. We instantly break apart. "Congrats! So, tell me what happened."

"Well I'll cut out the naughty bits, since you're only sixteen. After Heather and I left the hospital last night, she took me back to Den House to take a shower..." He starts, but is cut off when we hear a slight whimper from Luka.

"Anyway, please continue," I say.

"Heather walked in on me as I was getting out of the shower. Seeing her standing there, I felt a spark of passion that I hadn't felt before when I locked eyes with her. In that single second, I realized that I had never wanted anyone as badly as my mate. Both of our eyes then slowly shifted over to the empty white bathtub next to us."

Cody's cut off again by another one of Luka's whimpers, this time sharper and full of longing. "Go on," I say, gesturing for him to continue.

"Well, I filled the bathtub, then we both got in and I just went in for it." Cody tells me.

"Did you two go all the way or...?" I ask him, trailing off at the end.

Cody shakes his head slightly. "No. We just did the mark itself. After we were done, Heather became sleepy, so I just picked her up out of the bathtub and placed her in her bed."

Luka whimpers again. I put two and two together. He only whimpers on hearing the words 'shower' or 'bath'.

I smile at him. "Luka, listen to me. B.A.T.H." He whines in distress.