Chapter 29 Into Top Gear

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

"You'll need those to get Luka out of those cuffs," Chris explains.

"Oh" I say, remembering that Luka is bounded by silver cuffs. I bend down and put them on. "Alright, Keith and Cody, you stay around the back and wait for us," I say looking back towards them.

I walk over to the iron door. Just before I grab the handle, I stop and take a deep breath.

Just be alive. Just be alive.

I slowly open the door and step inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a face covered in burns so severe I can barely recognize who it belongs to. His head is bald, caked in blood and still bleeding slightly. The burns on his face are so bad that he doesn't open his eyes to see who came in.

The door closes behind me. As I slowly walk up to him, my eyes focus on the rest of his body. I can see plainly that his shoulders, chest and arms have also been badly burned by the silver. Both his legs are ripped open.

Deep down, I know who this is, but I still don't want to believe it. Then I sniff. Immediately, the scent of fresh honey, the pure, sweet smell enters my nose. My heart begins to pound. There's no denying it. It's Luka.

"Luka. Luka," I say as I bend down. He opens his eyes slightly. A smile then creeps its way across my face as I try to get the silver cuffs off, but then Luka mouths something to me that I can't make out.

"What?"

He does the same thing, but I still can't figure out what he's trying to tell me.

"What?" I ask him for the second time.

"Look out," he croaks loudly.

Moments later, what feels like a football player hits me and sends me flying across the room. In midair, I shift and land on my paws. I look and see Ace's wolf running towards me.

"Hey it can't be - how did you know I was here?" I growl, stunned.

"Sophie, Sophie, Sophie. I've known about your little plan since the beginning."

"How? Chris? Did he tell you?"

"I didn't say that, but I will tell you this. Things at your pack aren't what they seem to be. Look, Sophie. Your little mate is pretty much dead, so why don't you and your pack go back home and let me finish my job?" Ace's wolf then turns around and starts to slowly walk back over towards Luka.

"I'll take you on," I growl loudly, showing all my canines. Ace's ear twitches, and he turns back towards me.

"What did you just say, Sophie?" He reveals his canines a little as well.

"Oh. You heard me right, Ace Summers. I'll take you on."

"I don't believe what I'm hearing. Hey, lover boy! You better get a good look right now, because this will be the last time you'll get to see her again alive."

I get into an attack position. "Don't get your hopes up, Alpha Ace. I'm not going to be that easy for you to kill."

"Sophie, I'll give you one last chance to stand down and go home. Otherwise, it's your funeral."

"Whose funeral?" I growl as we leap towards each other.

We clash, standing on our back legs, growling, biting, and snapping, trying to get at each other's necks, but since Ace is bigger and stronger than me, I'm easily overpowered. Ace pins me down on my back, but somehow I'm able to roll over onto my stomach and push him off, remaining in front of Luka's chair trying to protect him.