Chapter 31 Soothed and Settled

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega   

I don't want to, but I don't have much choice on the matter. I look towards my Uncle. He shifts back. "Can you hold him for me until I get on Cody's back?" I ask him. He nods and carefully takes Luka from me. I pull myself up and swing my leg around to the other side, kind of like getting on a horse. "Okay, now, gently does it."

"You got him?" My Uncle asks, as he lets go of Luka's body.

"I've got him. Okay, guys, let's go."

Cody moves off, and the rest of the pack follow his lead. I look down and make eye contact with Luka. I smile it him. "Well here you are again, back home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's now midday. Luka's still lying on my lap. He's still hurting, but knowing I'm right here with him makes it a little more bearable for him. The gentle rocking of Cody's body as he gallops along also helps.

When we reach the nearest road head, I go ahead and mind link my aunt. The medical team has been waiting around on standby all morning. "Hello. Aunt Sherry, you there?" I ask.

"Aunt Sherry here, I read you loud and clear, Little Sophie."

"I have Luka. The pack and I are about three miles away. Be ready when we arrive."

"Should I send an ambulance?" She asks sounding worried. "And Liam? Is he fine?"

"We're going. Liam is fine, still as tough as nails."

"Shelby and I will be waiting out front for you to arrive. I'll see you soon." The link goes dead.

I look back down towards Luka who is starting to moan slightly in pain. "Luka, baby, just hold on. We're almost there," I say softly, as I hold him as close as I can without hurting him.

"Do you want me to run faster, Alpha?" Cody inquires.

I look up and shake my head, "No, Cody, its fine. We're getting very close."

I then look back down at Luka. I'm amazed that Cody's running this fast and hard to get Luka to the hospital. I think back to what I heard Keith say to Cody last night after the meeting, and just then, before we left the meadow.

"You really need to come home, dude. Mom and Dad are both worried sick about you,"

"Are you sure man, you haven't slept in four days."

There must be something going on with Cody at home. But what could it be?

I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by Elliot. "Sophie, is Luka okay?"

"Yes, for the time being, Elliot."

As we come to a stop, I see my Aunt Sherry and Shelby standing in front of the hospital doors with a gurney at their side. Even though the run seemed effortless, I can hear Cody panting.

"Oh, dear God. Sorry you had to hear me talk like that, Sophie, " my aunt says as she walks towards us and her eyes land on Luka. "Enough said. Let's get him inside. We don't have much time."

Cody lies down, and I allow my aunt and Shelby to load Luka onto the gurney.

"Uncle, can you make sure Chris and his family get settled in, and sort out the necessary paperwork?" I ask, as I slide off Cody's back with a thud. He nods. As I walk with my aunt and Shelby, I look back towards all the pack members. "Well done, well done, thank you all so much for helping. Thank you, Cody."