Chapter 24 Break Down and Stand Tall

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

A few seconds later, we finally break apart. I'm panting. Luka's significantly less puffed than I am.

"Wow. That... was... amazing." Luka looks me in the eye, and sees that I want more. As I slowly lean in towards him, he stops me. "Wait, Sophie. I'm not ready to be marked yet, so we'll have to take this slow, okay?"

I just smile at him and gently push him onto his back.

"I love slow."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luka's P.O.V.

Sophie and I are in the meadow, working on my skills. Right now, we're concentrating on wolf control training.

It's hard. I'm scared about letting my wolf take control, because I don't know what he'll do once he takes over, and the last thing that I want is for Sophie to get hurt. Secondly, I've never fully done it before.

But I don't give up and keep trying, just like Sophie tells me to.

I take in another deep breath and focus. I feel my wolf start to rise up, and my human emotions start to retreat to the back of my mind, taking me with them. But just as I'm about to lose control, I stop.

I look towards Sophie. "It's just no use, Sophie. I just can't do it."

"It'll take time, Luka. Tell you what, you've worked hard, let's just call it quits for today." Sophie sits down on the ground next to me.

I turn away. Then I start to think about something, something I haven't told anyone yet, not Sophie, and especially not Elliot. If I did, he might think I'm crazy.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure you can, baby, what's going on?"

"Okay. This might sound a bit crazy, but I feel a pull towards Elliot, not a mate pull, more like a brotherly pull, with something mixed in with it, but I can't tell what it is."

"Oh, is that all?" She smiles.

"Yes. I've felt it since the first day I met Elliot. That's why I easily trusted him. Please don't tell him. At least not until I've figured out what this pull is."

"No worries, I won't." She looks up towards the sky. "It'll be dusk soon, so we'd best be getting home."

She stands up, walks over to me and holds out her hands. I grab hold of them, and she gently pulls me to my feet.

"Hey, Sophie, would you mind if I took the long way home?" I ask, as she lets go of my hands.

"By yourself?" Sophie asks, slightly stunned.

"Yes, what's the harm in that?" I ask her.

"It's almost night."

"Judging by how fast I can run, I can make it back home before nightfall, besides I've got everything under control."

"Alright, just be careful, okay?"

"No worries, Sophie, I will."

Sophie gently presses her lips to mine, but as quickly as we begin, we stop. We break apart, but as she's walking away, I smirk.

"Hey, Sophie," I call out. She stops, turns around, and looks back at me.

"Bet I can get home before you can."