Chapter 8 Coming Home

Previously, on His alpha her omega

The other group of wolves fans out, while my pack group tightens around me for protection. I can now see all the members of the group. Most of them are a shade of gray. Two are sandy, one is ruddy, one is black, one is dark beige, some are even brown, but most surprisingly, there are two red wolves, one adult female, and one small red pup. The small dark beige wolf that I saved from the attack approaches, and bows down in submission. "Alpha," he grumbles slightly. One by one they all bow down, and then, we all howl at the night sky.

Afterwards I send my Uncle to lead our new family members to the Guest House, while I send Faya Maloney, Quinn, and Eden to the store to get clothes for Luka. And as for me, I have to go home, and get ready for little Luka's arrival.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When I get home, I head straight for the kitchen. I have two places to eat. There is a regular setting with a simple table, chairs, and a few cabinets, but for holidays and birthdays we eat in the dining hall.

When I walk in I see my head cook, Greg, with his red hair, brown eyes, and red mustache, standing at the sink washing dishes. He stops, and drops the skillet into the sink. "Hi Sophie! welcome home."

I swear that Beta has eyes in the back of his head, and maybe he does. He turns around, and looks at me. "What can I do for you?" He asks.

"First off, thank you. Second, I need three steaks please," I reply.

"With the fixings?" he asks me, as he walks over towards the grill.

"Not this time, just the meat will be fine," I reply,

"Oh, I see. But why three, are you having someone over?" Greg asks

"Long story," I say. "I don't really have time to explain everything right now."

"Say no more, Alpha. Oh, and how do you want your steaks cooked?" He asks.

"Medium," I reply, as I run upstairs to my room to change.

I take off my yellow sundress and put on a plain gray t-shirt and dark blue jeans. I make sure that I add some Lysol when I put my dress in the wash. I walk out of my room, and go up the last flight of stairs that leads to my healing quarters.

My healing quarters are the entire third floor. It's private. Not even Ace could get in. The door to my healing quarters is right in front of me as I come up the last step, I take out the key, unlock the door, and step in. The room is dark when I walk in. I turn on the lights to the dimmest setting. The room looks as relaxing as ever, with the russet colored walls, the heater sitting in the corner, the soft russet brown carpet underfoot, and the little brown table, that sits just to the right of the heater, that has my diffuser and brown magic box sitting on it.

I walk into the bathroom in the lower left hand corner of the room, and take a plastic cup and fill it with filtered water. I then walk over to the brown table, open my diffuser and pour the water into it. I open my brown magic box. Inside sit row after row of small brown bottles of essential oils. I don't have to look far for the one I'm looking for, serenity oil. I unscrew the black top and hold it over the opening to my diffuser. Since serenity oil is a bit on the strong side, I only put two drops in before closing it and turning it on. I then turn the heat up in the room to 75, and walk out of the room.

As I get back down to the main floor, I hear a knock at the door, but it's not my aunt or Shelby. I walk over to the front door and open it. Standing on the other side are Faya, Maloney, Quinn, and Eden. I let them in and close the door. In their hands are three bags, one in Eden's hand and two in Faya's hands. Maloney is holding a grass green cotton bathrobe. "We couldn't decide what to get him," Maloney says, breaking the silence.

"Did you put it on my tab like I told you to, Maloney?" I ask her. When Maloney first joined the pack, I told her that if she or her family needed to buy anything for me, she could put it on my tab at the store, and I'll pay it the next time I go.

"Yes, ma'am, I did," she replies with the nod of her head.

"So where do you want these?" Faya asks, holding up one of the bags.

"Faya, Maloney, remember where my room is?" I ask the both of them.

They both nod in sync. "Faya," I say, "I want you to put the clothes on my dresser. Maloney, you can put the bathrobe in my bathroom."

"Can do." They both nod, before quickly sprinting up the stairs.

"We should go with them," Quinn says. Eden nods, as he and Quinn start trying to walk towards the stairway, but I stop them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Cool your jets, tigers. No unmated males in my bedroom, it's just for me and my mate," I say holding my hands up to stop them. They pout at me, but stop.

"Oh, and speaking of that," a voice says from above me. I snap my head up and see Faya and Maloney running back down the stairs. "We ran into your aunt and Shelby on the way back from the store, and she wanted me to tell you that Luka's out of surgery and they're on the way."

My eyes go wide. "Could you see him?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "No, too dark, but we could hear him breathing" she replies.

"How did his breathing sound?" I ask her, my heart skipping a beat.

"Slow and even," Maloney replies.

I look at the clock on the wall. It's 9:30. "Alright, you guys, get home for dinner. But before you do, I want to give y'all a little something" I say. I reach into my pants pocket, pull out my wallet, and get a 100 dollar bill for each of them. "You're free to spend it wherever you like," I say, as I hand them the money.

"Alpha, are you sure?" Eden asks me, holding the bill in his hands.

"It's called a tip for a reason," I reply with a smirk.

Eden's eyes go wide. "Oh sweet. Pizza Hut tomorrow night. Dinner is on me."

"Oh, I am so in," says Maloney, as she and her new mate do a high five.

"Okay, guys," Faya says. "I think I can hear mom calling from next door. So let's get home,"

"Bye, Sophie." Maloney wraps me up in a hug. Faya rolls her eyes at her little sister.

"Goodnight, Alpha," Faya says, as she and the two others bow their heads in respect. "Okay, good night, and thank you," I say as they start to walk towards the door.

"No problem, it was our pleasure," Maloney says oh so cheerfully, as she walks out the door, and shuts it behind her.

I then run back up to my room to check out everything. I don't bother turning on the light as I enter. There, in a neat little pile on the right side of my dresser, is a nice size stack of clothes. When I go into the bathroom, I turn the light on. I look to my left. Folded neatly on my bathroom counter, just like the clothes on my dresser, is Luka's grass green cotton bathrobe, I smile at it. Then a sweet scent enters my nose, a scent of fresh honey. Now to most werewolves that's not a big deal, but to me it means just one thing. Luka's coming home.

=================================================

Sorry for the cliffhanger, I'm so Evil :-)