Chapter 10 So Cold

previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

After a few more minutes, I go down to his back. I only slide my hands up and down his back a few times before I stop. Luka's breath has become slow and even, I walk around and look at his face. his eyes are closed and his lips are slightly parted. He's asleep, I think to myself. I walk into the bathroom, grab a dark brown shirt that's sitting on the counter, and put it by Luka's sleeping form. I walk out of the room, shutting the door behind me.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Luka's P.O.V

My eyes slowly flutter open, and when they come into focus, I look around. The lights are still dim, but Shelby, Doctor Sherry, and even Sophie have all left, leaving me alone in this room in soothing silence.

How long have I been out? It couldn't have been that long, could it? I ask myself. I wonder where they could be, then I see a white door out in front of me. Realizing I'm still laying down, I sit up, then look down and see a medium sleeve chocolate brown shirt. I slowly pick it up and sniff it. Once I make sure it's safe, I slip it over my head and put it on.

It feels good to be wearing something clean again. No, it feels good to be clean again, period, I think to myself. I get up and walk over to the door. As I do, I take notice that my walking has become a lot less painful. It has almost been a year and a half since my walking has felt this good, and even though it's still a little sore, I can only hope that that'll pass in time.

I walk over to the door and open it, then I slowly stick my head out of the doorway. I can't see because the hallway's so dark, but then, a delicious scent enters my nose. Half of it is Sophie's fresh vanilla scent, but there's another scent mixed in with it. A scent that is wrapping itself around my body before it enters my nose. A warm, sweet, rich mouthwatering scent that kind of reminds me of chocolate. Wait. It is chocolate.

I take a small step forward. As I do, a light comes on over my head. It's a good thing I didn't take a larger step, otherwise I could've taken a tumble, and not a fun one at that. In front of me is a flight of about ten wooden steps, and one rail on each side. I reach my left foot out slightly and touch the first step going down, I let out a sigh and swing my other foot down. I begin slowly walking down the stairs, but because I'm so small I can't reach the rails themselves, so I just hold on to their framing as I follow the sweet scent of chocolate and my new favorite scent, fresh vanilla.

***

Sophie's P.O.V.

I end up sitting on the living room couch talking to Shelby and my aunt, which I don't mind one bit. My aunt and Shelby have also decided to spend the night here, just in case something happens. Aunt Sherry's fixing hot chocolate, and the scent is already filling up the room, making our mouths water. Suddenly the light at the very top of the stairs, turns on, my aunt and Shelby both flinch. Not in fear, but out of surprise.

"What's that?" my aunt asks as I sniff the air, the scent of fresh honey enters my nose.

"Stay calm, it's just Luka," I reply. There is the sound of small feet coming down the stairs.

Luka appears at the bottom step a moment later holding on to the railing. He walks over to the couch and sits down right beside me. After a moment, he speaks up.

"Hi," he grumbles.

"Hi," I reply back in a sweet tone.

Luka clears his throat before speaking again, "So, Sophie, how long was I out?" he asks.