Chapter 40 Marked

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

As we break apart, heart still thumping, I suddenly come to the realization that the water now smells like oatmeal. Not only that, the shampoo smells like oatmeal as well.

"Hey Luka, guess what? You get to smell like a batch of oatmeal cookies for the next few days."

"Oh, well. I guess I'm just going to have to stay away from Den House for a little while. Otherwise, those little ankle biters will rip me to shreds." Luka grins so widely that I can see is back row of teeth.

"I'm sure they would, Luka. I'm sure they would." We kiss again.

---------------------------------------------

Luka's leaving tomorrow for Alpha training. I search through the bedroom dresser for another change of clothes to take back to the hospital. I find a clean white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I stuff them in an old gym bag of mine, and head back downstairs to pack myself another overnight bag.

Over the past few days I have watched Luka crawl back from death's door to full vitality. He's almost back to the same Luka I knew before...no, he's always been the same Luka.

Pretty much all of Luka's burns have healed over. You don't even notice them anymore. Luka can now walk around his room without much difficulty, but when it comes to long distances, like going up and down hallways, he still needs help. Luckily, he's got me, my aunt, and Shelby, and not to mention the entire pack, now that word's gotten out that he's an Alpha.

I'm a little bummed out that our last night with one another is going to be spent in a hospital room instead of our room. But that's okay. As long as we're together for this last night.

My packing is suddenly interrupted by a gentle knock on the door. Wondering who it could be on this early evening, I walk over to the door and slowly open it.

My eyes widen with shock. Elliot and Shelby are carrying our bond fountain together, and my aunt is standing with Luka, gently holding his hand.

"Hey honey, I'm home. Miss me?" Luka playfully asks, wearing the happiest smile I've seen on his face yet.

I don't reply. I notice Luka is no longer hospitalized, I look towards my aunt for an answer.

My aunt is beaming. "Luka's fully weaned off of his medication. He said he wanted to spend the last night with you at home at any cost."

My heart skips a beat. "Come on in."

My aunt takes Luka's hand and slowly guides him into the house, one slow step at a time. Shelby and Elliot follow. Once everyone's inside, I gently shut the door.

"Is there anything specific I need to do?" My question is meant for my aunt, but it's Elliot who speaks up.

"You can start by telling us where you want this thing. My arms are killing me." Elliot is referring to the bond fountain.

"It can go on our bedroom window." Luka just nods in agreement.

"Got you covered." Elliot and Shelby dart off towards the elevator.

My aunt shakes her head at the question. "No, you don't have to do anything specific. Just make sure you take it easy with him."

"What about for dinner tonight, will I have to watch or avoid anything?" I ask her.

"No, he can eat anything he wants to have for dinner tonight. That is, if his appetite permits."

"What about pain control?" I ask her, in a softer tone.