Chapter 15 Tea and A New Best Friend

Previously, on His alpha her omega

"Is that so? Alright. Adam, I'm giving you the rank of head Gamma so that you can work with your brother," I say to the both of them.

"Sweet," they say in unison as they interlock their little fingers and do a pinky swear-type motion. I start to read over another file and so on and so forth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everyone walks out of the room, I get up for a moment and walk over to Luka. He's just sitting on the couch with his head down and knees tucked into his chest. "Hey. You doing okay?"

He raises his head and looks at me. "Yeah I'm fine, it's just that I'm a little stressed out, you know..." He trails off and sniffs the air. A moment later, Luka gasps and tenses his body. I'm about to ask him what's wrong, when I smell two scents that are coming closer and closer towards the door, two scents that once belonged to two of my friends this morning. But to Luka, they're his worst nightmares. It's Keith and Cody.

I only have a few moments to comfort him. "Luka, remember what Aunt Sherry said. Block them out." I gently lift his chin. "And like I told you before, if you get too scared, just jump out of this window."

Luka nods and I give him a soft kiss on his forehead. "Oh, Luka, before I forget, I might need your help with something once they're in here. Do you think you can do that?" I ask him, Luka gives me a shaky nod. I lift my head up and sniff, I turn my head towards the door. "They're right outside that door. I have to let them in now, Okay?"

Luka responds by scooching himself further onto the couch, as if he's trying to melt into it. "You have nothing to fear, Luka. I'll make sure of it," I say softly, as I stand up and turn around towards the door, my back towards him.

I clear my throat before speaking. "Come in." The doorknob jiggles a little bit before the door opens, and in walk Keith and Cody. They both stare at me for a second before Keith speaks up.

"What's up, Alpha?" I ignore him, instead keeping my green eyes focused on the both of them in an intense stare. "Sit," I say firmly, slowly walking back towards the table, as I sit down in my chair, I notice Keith tap Cody on the shoulder and point in Luka's direction.

"Hey, Runt, you do know that this is a meeting, and not a piñata party, don't you?" Keith teases and then they both laugh. I fight the urge to growl.

I then look closer at Keith and see that he's got his black camera in his hand. "Keith, may I please see your camera?" I ask him, holding out my hand, Keith hands it to me right away. "Thank you," I say as I receive the device.

"You like it? I'm thinking about getting the newest model for Christmas," says Keith, as I spin my chair around so I'm looking directly towards Luka, "Well it's not going to be from me, I can tell you that," I mumble under my breath as I press the power button and begin to look through the pictures. As I do I hear Luka whimper. I look and see that Keith and Cody are both making funny faces at him.

I don't have to look far to find the right photo. It's the fifth one. I select it and stand up, putting the camera behind my back. I walk back over towards Luka and kneel down to his level. "Luka, I'd hate to do this, but I have to know." I pause, pulling the camera slowly out from behind my back. "Is this the picture they took of you on that night?" I ask softly handing the camera over to him. Luka nervously nods. I playfully laugh at my two head betas.