Chapter 21 The Moon at Its Fullest

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

"Okay, the last candle is in our room, so I think it's time for me and Luka to hit the hay," I say, as Luka and I step out of the bunker. We say goodnight to each other, then Luka and I head upstairs for the night.

As soon as we enter, Luka lays down on his side of the bed, I walk over to my bedside table and do the same thing. "Dear God or Goddess, please cleanse the space where we've placed this sage scented candle," I repeat.

I take my Alpha uniform off and slip into bed with him. "Goodnight, Luka."

"Goodnight...Sophie." Luka responds with a yawn, then we both fall asleep as the crisp scent of sage starts to fill the air.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up and my head feels fuzzy. Normally if I told someone this, they'd suspect that I was buzzed from the night before, but this time it's because the full moon is upon us tonight. I sit up on my side of the bed and rub the sleepiness from my eyes. As I do, I look towards the closed bedroom door. My nose is going in overdrive smelling all the smells around the house, in search of what my wolf wants. Red meat.

I quietly open the door, and step through the doorway. But as I do, I turn around and just stare at Luka, sleeping there, oh so peacefully. I smile. Enjoy it while you can Luka, enjoy it while you can, I think to myself, as I gently shut the door.

I run calmly down the staircase and into the big kitchen where Greg is preparing something. I waste little time and walk over to the meat freezer. When I open it up, I'm surprised to find it totally bare, not a crumb in sight. I look over my shoulder.

"Hey, Greg, are we out of meat?"

"What?" he asks, sounding stunned.

"I've just checked in the freezer and it's completely empty." I step aside so that Greg can see for himself.

Greg looks inside the freezer, "It seems as though we are."

"Don't worry, I'll go to the store and get some more," I say.

Oh, no, Sophie you don't have t..." I cut him off.

"No need to say, I'd be happy to go, and it will give me a chance to get out of the house," I assure him.

"Are you sure you want to go? it is the full moon, after all," says Greg, as I start to walk out of the kitchen.

"I've made up my mind, Greg, but thanks for asking. And when you get finished with whatever it is you're fixing, go home to your new mate, I'm sure that new little girl of yours is practically bouncing off the walls."

As I'm walking past the staircase on my way towards the front door, I hear the faint pitter patter of little feet coming down the stairs, I stop and look up. Luka's sleepy looking form comes down a moment later, still only able to hold onto the bottom of the railing. "Sophie, do you have anything for full moon sickness? My head and hands are throbbing like mad."

"Sorry, honey, we're all out of red meat. I was just on my way to the store to get some more," I say.

"Well, if you would, could you tie my shoes so that I can come with you? I don't want to be here alone."

"Well, sure I can, come over here." I motion for him to follow me over to the front door. Luka sits down by the front door and I sit down in front of him so that I can tie his shoes. Suddenly, he chuckles, "What's so funny, Luka?" I ask him.