Chapter 22 Training and Instincts

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

"Hey Sophie, dry those tears. When I was little and I was feeling down, you know what my playmates at Den House would tell me to do?" He looks straight at me. 

"No, what?" I ask, still whimpering.

"They would tell me to howl." Not a second later, Elliot lets out a long howl. Once he's done I let out a howl of my own. When I'm done, I look over towards Luka and Elliot, then a moment later we all howl in sync. The cave comes alive with the sounds of our voices in perfect harmony.

Well, a kind of perfect harmony. Luka did his yelp, bark, whatever, but it still counted for me at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up as the sunlight is streaming through the mouth of Sapphire Cave. I let out a yawn.

Suddenly, I realize that I'm back in human form, I look over and see Luka curled up, still sleeping in his wolf form right beside me. I stretch out and roll over onto my back, careful that I don't bump into him and wake him up. I sit up and rub the sleepiness from my eyes.

After we finished our grand howl, Luka, Elliot, and I spent the rest of last night playing tag, or running around in the cave. Then Luka got hungry, so we took off out of the cave to go fishing. Elliot and I were the ones that went into the water while Luka, being a non-swimmer, stood on the shore.

We ended up catching three fish, two of which I carried in my mouth. We brought them on shore and laid them down in front of Luka.

Luka had the hardest time choosing a fish to take. Eventually, though, he settled on the biggest one. We took our fish back inside the cave, where we finished them and then fell asleep.

A voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Sophie are you guys awake, time to come home, I've got breakfast waiting." It's Aunt Sherry on the mind link.

"Alright, I'll wake the boys up and then we'll head back," I reply, still groggy.

Then I turn my head and look down slightly, "Luka, time to wake up, honey. Aunt Sherry's calling us back." I gently stroke Luka's back.

I then feel Luka shift back under my hand as I stroke him. "Gee, Sophie, I'd sure wish you would do this more often."

"I will soon, Baby. I promise."

I then look over my shoulder towards Elliot who's still asleep against one of the cave walls, "Yo, Elliot. It's pack up time. Time to head back home."

Like Luka was previously, Elliot's still in wolf form. He shifts back and looks at me. "Why does he get to wake up with a back rub and I don't?"

I smirk at him. "Luka was closer."

We walk over to the mouth of the cave, "It'll be easier to run back to the house in wolf form." All three of us shift back into our wolves and run back towards home.

When we're almost home I get someone on the mind link. "Hello, Sophie, you there?" asks the voice on the other end.

"Yes, Art, I read you loud and clear, your move," I reply, with a slight smile.

"I'm just linking you to let you know, Andrew and I just finished the training arena and it is now ready to be used."

This means one thing. Today is the day that Luka learns how to fight.

***