Chapter 28 Into Action

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

"See? I told you that your dinner would make you feel better. Well that and a good night sleep" My Aunt turns around to go downstairs, but when she gets to the doorway, I stop her.

"Don't expect me to take a shower now, I'll take one when I know that Luka's safe."

"I knew you would say that. Good night. I love you, Little Sophie."

"Good night to you as well. Love you too, Aunt Sherry," I reply, as she quietly closes the door.

I spend the next hour eating my food and cleaning my plate. After I'm finished I slide my plate onto my bedside table. I set my alarm and lie back in bed. Tomorrow's going to be a busy day, I think to myself, before I slowly fall asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up before my alarm. I sleepily reach over and turn it off.

I sit up and rub the sleepiness from my eyes. Judging from the fact that I woke up before my alarm clock, it means it's a bit before dawn. Once I'm sure I'm able to walk on my feet without them giving out on me, I softly run over to the bedroom door and head towards the staircase.

When I get down to the ground floor, I make a beeline towards the front door.

"Sophie."

I turn around. My Aunt Sherry is holding one of those fanny packs with what looks like two water bottles in the holders. I walk back over towards her. "You're not leaving without this." She fits the fanny pack snugly around my waist and buckles it up.

"What's in here?" I ask her.

"Some snacks, some fresh fruit, and two full water bottles, one for you and one for Luka."

I then wrap my arms tightly around her neck, "Thank you, Aunt Sherry," I whisper. I don't want to think about it, but if things go badly, this could be the last time I see her alive.

"For what, Honey?" She asks running her hand soothingly up and down my back.

"For you and uncle raising me after our main family was killed" I reply, sobbing slightly.

"Oh, Little Sophie, it was our pleasure and we would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Even though we weren't your parents, your uncle and I do have to admit, we did a pretty good job raising our little Alpha." My aunt gives me one last squeeze before we break apart. "Oh, and on a side note, if you do end up giving Luka some water, make sure you don't give him too much."

"Don't worry, Aunt Sherry, I won't." I say reassuringly, as I exit the house.

I run into the meadow still in my human form. I stop in the middle, waiting for the sun to peak over the tops of the trees from the land beyond the other side of the river. If this goes well, in less than twelve hours I will have my mate back in my arms, and our entire pack will be safe. If things go wrong then Luka, myself, and probably everyone in our pack will probably come home in body bags, I think to myself.

I look up at the sky. Mother, if you and my brothers can hear me up there, then I ask you to please lend me and the others the strength to fight hard and win the day, and please give Luka enough strength and will power to stay alive until we can save him and bring him back home. I also hope and pray that no lives will be lost during this rescue, but if that isn't the case, when they get up to wherever you and my brothers are, I want you to thank them for their loyalty to me, to their future Alpha, and to their pack. I hope and pray, Mother, I say silently to myself.