Chapter 41 Sophie's Goodbye, Luka's farewell

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega   

Sophie yawns and rubs her eyes. "Alright, it's time for bed," I say, as I gently swing her legs into bed and cover her up.

I walk over the other side of the bed and climb in. I roll over to face her. She'll be dreaming of me tonight, I think to myself as I stare at her sleeping form. The marking must've taken the stuffing out of her. She's already fast asleep. For most werewolves, it takes at least half an hour to fall asleep after a marking.

I watch the rise and fall of her chest. Gosh, she's so beautiful. I can't believe that I'm in love with this incredible, young woman who I'm going to leave for two years, starting tomorrow. It won't be so bad. At least, I don't think so.

I roll over and stare up at the ceiling. Tomorrow's going to be a busy day.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up. The sky outside is a rather gloomy shade of dark blue. My nose then catches someone's scent, and I realize my aunt is standing outside the front door. She must have knocked. She did say she had something she wanted to talk to me about, I think to myself, as I yawn and stretch out my arms.

I turn my head over towards Luka, who's sleeping there peacefully. Today's the day, I tell myself. "Luka. Luka. It's time to get up, love. It's game time." I gently nudge his shoulder.

His eyes slowly flutter open. "Alright, Sophie, I'll...go ahead and hop in the shower."

"Um, Luka. Would you mind if I use the bathroom first? And then after I'm done, you can get into the shower."

"Sure, go on, love. I can wait." Luka yawns.

"Great. Thanks, babe." I head into the bathroom. As I do, I mind link my aunt. "One moment please, I need to go to the toilet."

"Say no more Sophie. Like your mother used to tell you, when you gotta go, you gotta go." My aunt chuckles.

"Please don't start laughing, you're going to make me wet my pants," I say, as I struggle to control my bladder.

"Oh. Oh right, sorry, Sophie." She clears her throat as I cut the link.

Made it just in time, I think to myself, as I flush the toilet.

I start to walk back into our bedroom but as I'm going past the bathroom mirror, I stop. Because I'm an Alpha, my main focus is on my pack which means I don't look at myself in the mirror as often as most girls my age. When I get the chance, I take it.

I take a moment to admire my slightly curly long blond hair that goes well past my hips, my dark green eyes, and my strong-looking neck. As I look further down something peeking out from my shirt catches my eye. The black rounded edge of something is sticking out from my white shirt collar.

I walk over and close the bathroom door. Our bathroom is far enough away from the bed that no one can see anything even if they tried, so we usually keep it open even when we're using the restroom, but in this instant I don't feel comfortable with Luka in the bedroom, even with the bed so far away.

I take my shirt off and take a closer look. I can't believe my eyes. There, on my left shoulder, is the mate mark that Luka placed there last night. My fingers begin to tremble slightly as they skim over the surface of the design. The mark resembles a yin and yang symbol with black edges, but the left side, which should be white, it is cream, just like my wolf, and the right side, which should be black, is a mixture of russet and sandy brown, just like Luka's wolf. At the opposite end of each side are two small emerald-green paw prints.