Chapter 19 Confirmed

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

Victoria goes over to her mom, and tugs gently on her pants leg. Amanda gently picks her up. "Well Greg, I'm Amanda, and this is my daughter Victoria." Amanda gestures towards the little girl in her arms.

Greg greets Victoria with a gentle "Hi". She smiles at him, which must mean she likes him.

As I sit watching the new, happy family take shape in front of my eyes, I start to picture myself doing the same thing. With the boy I love, who's asleep back at Den House. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still sitting on the couch, after everything I've just heard. I think back to everything. Not long after they broke their family hug, Amanda, Victoria, and Greg all went to get ice cream, and not five minutes after they left, I heard another knock at the door, it was Mia and Art, so I let them in, and the tale Mia told me was nothing short of tear jerking.

It turns out she was born among the Rogues, her father was very abusive towards her and her mother, so much so that it drove her mother mad until she couldn't take it anymore and killed herself. By the time she was thirteen Mia's spirits were at an all-time low. As well as being beaten and abused by her father day after day, she was also considered to be the men's own real life punching bag/play-toy/well whatever you want to call it. Mia was beaten, abused, and mistreated by multiple guys sometimes even multiple times a night. She began to think that all guys were just like they were, mean and cruel. Then one night, while her dad was passed out on the couch, she escaped out the back door of her house and never looked back. She found the Ruby Stone pack and they took her in.

But Mia, being fearful of being put back into the same place she once was in, began to lash out and pick fights with any pack members that angered her. Ace was threatening to exile her. Then, one day while Mia was reading under a big oak tree, Art ran past her and they found each other, since they were mates Ace had to let her stay. Because of Art, Mia was able to let go of most of her anger but she never lets down her guard, ever.

On a whim, I asked Mia if she knew where the Rogues were hiding out. She said she didn't, because they were always moving around. I told Art to keep her on a short leash for the time being and that if any trouble arose, I would deal with it. And with that, they left.

A chill runs down my spine, reminding me of what I was doing previously, going to look in Dad's old filing cabinet to look for Luka's lost files. I stand up and walk back into my home office. I grab the small bronze, slightly rusted key out from the desk drawer, and then head on over to it. I pull open the filing drawer that I know has all the pack member's records and begin to search. A). B). C). D). E). F). G) H). I). J). K). L).

I see it immediately and take it out. It's just a simple file folder, slightly long and beige in color. I open it up and look inside. Inside the file folder I find the same information that I already know, just hand written. Then something puzzles me when I look up in the left hand corner. I see a little red x and beside it, it reads Sophie, not allowed. My eyes go wide. There can only be one reason my dad doesn't want me reading my mate's file. He's trying to hide something from me. My emotions now in a panic, I put the file folder down and then race upstairs to see what I can find.

When I sprint into our bedroom, I start to dig around to see if I can find anything to link my father to what happened to Luka. I start with my bedside table I walk over and start looking. I first look on the table itself, Nothing. I then move down to the drawer, I pull it open and start rummaging around. Still nothing. I check in the master bathroom, the closet, anywhere I can think of, but with no luck finding anything.