Chapter 33 Battered and Homeless but Loved

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega   

"I'm positive. Sophie, do you know what this means?"

"It means that Luka's father was an Alpha."

"Yes, that's right," she says, with a slight nod.

"But if Luka was born to be an Alpha like I was, why was he made the Omega in the first place?" I ask her.

"That, I don't know."

The door to the lab opens. Shelby runs up to us. "Sophie, Luka's awake."

"Aunt Sherry, I have to go back down there," I say.

"It's fine. Now hurry up, you don't want to leave that boy alone in his room for very long."

Shelby and I beat it out of the lab.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

My heart is racing as Shelby and I race back downstairs towards Luka's room. I try to keep calm but inside I'm a mess. I wonder what kind of mental state he'll be in when I get there.

"See, I told you I would be back with her," Shelby says, as we both walk into Luka's room. I can see Luka lying on the bed trying to lift his head and neck up so that he can see me, but when he does he hisses in pain. "Alright, Luka, hold on. I'll raise your head up for you." She walks over to the side of the hospital bed's control panel and raises the head of the bed up slightly.

Luka's looking at me as his head comes up, but as our eyes make contact he looks away. "Hello, Sophie," he mumbles sleepily.

"Hi, Luka, how are you feeling?" I ask, as I walk over towards the side of the bed that's closest to the door. Shelby stands by me.

"I'm doing good, doing real good," Luka replies, sounding groggy.

Shelby then makes the 'Come here' motion with her finger, like she wants to whisper in my ear, so I lean in. "While you were still in the shower, Sophie, your Aunt shot him up with some more painkillers, so he'll still be a little groggy for a little while." I nod and slowly pull away from her.

"So, Luka, why did you look away when you saw I was looking at you?"

"I was worried," He replies.

"Why were you worried?" I ask him.

"I was worried that because I don't have any hair you wouldn't love me, not in the same way," Luka replies, as a single tear runs down the side of his face.

"Oh, Luka, you're my mate, and I love you for you not for your looks. Heck, Luka, I would have loved you even if you were born with purple skin, okay? I know that you're the same wolf that I fell in love with almost a month ago, and you're going to be the same wolf I fell in love with when I wake up tomorrow. I love you, Luka."

"Then, can you please give me a hug for a nice welcome home?" Luka asks, as he slowly opens his arms.

"Of course I can." I smile.

Shelby then puts the bed rail down, and I'm able to wrap my arms around Luka without hurting him. After a few moments Luka speaks up again. "Hey, Sophie, can you now do me a favor please?"

"What's that?"

"Can you please get me a hat or something. My head is freezing." We all burst out laughing.