Chapter 6 Surgery prep

I'm dedicating this to  @KyraRei and her twin sister @RydhaWolf

-----------------------------------------------------------

Previously, on His alpha her omega

Luka looks at everyone in the room, then he sighs deeply. "You know, at this point, I honestly don't care who's around to see me in there. So let's just do it." 

"Well alright then. Shelby, I think we should leave these two alone while we get everything ready," My aunt says, as she winks at Shelby.

Shelby nods, as she and my aunt walk out of the room. When they're clearly out of the room, I lean in real close to Luka. "I'll look after you, okay? I promise," I whisper. We then then wait in silence, until Shelby comes to get us.

-------------------------------------------------------

I walk into the private bathroom carrying Luka in my arms, with Shelby following close behind. My aunt is already in there, waiting for us, when we arrive. She is dressed in a bathrobe, so she doesn't get her uniform wet, which is sitting on the counter near the sink. "Where do you want me to put him?" I ask her.

"On the toilet, but leave the seat down," she replies.

"Okay, can do." I walk over and gently place Luka on the toilet seat, but then just before I turn around, a question pops its way into my mind. "Hey, Aunt Sherry, why are you dressed in a bathrobe?"

"Come on, Sophie, did you really think I'd let you go in there, and bathe him by yourself?" She replies.

I grip firmly onto Luka's hand, and tense my shoulders. "Mine, back off," I say, a slight growl to my voice.

"Calm down, Sophie. Besides, I'm mated, remember? Look, the faster we get him clean, then the sooner we will be able to get him into surgery, and the sooner he'll be out of surgery and on the road to recovery. Come on Sophie, let's do this as a team, okay, alright?" She asks me, sounding hopeful.

"Okay," I say, as I relax my shoulders.

Shelby lets out a deep sigh. "Alright then. Sophie, could you turn around please?" She asks.

"Sure, say no more. But I still can talk to him, right?" I ask her in a reply, as I turn around.

"Of course you can," she replies, as she walks by me.

I try to think of the first question I want to ask Luka, I start out with the basics, something simple. "Hey Luka, when's your birthday?" I ask him.

"June 25th," he replies.

This time, it's my eyes that go wide. "You were born six months before Christmas. Wow, that must've been an early Christmas present for your mom," I say. I hear a slight chuckle coming from behind me. I smile in happiness, at least I made him happy, I think to myself.

I decide to ask him another simple question. "What's your favorite color?" I ask him.

"Green," he says simply.

"Oh, you mean like a neon green" I say with a smirk on my face.

"No, not that kind of green, more like a grass green," he says in a low sweet tone.

"Oh, okay," I say.

"What about you? When's your birthday, Alpha?" asks Luka.

That last word to come out of his mouth hurts. It's like being kicked in the gut. That word sounded so wrong on his lips. While it's okay for my other pack members to call me that, it's definitely not okay for him to say it. "Okay first off, my birthday is November 21st, and second, don't call me that. Everybody else can call me that, but not you, you can call me Sophie," I say, as sweetly as I can.