Chapter 20 What To Do

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega

"So Aunt Sherry, what do you think we should use to calm him down?" I ask, looking towards her as we go up.

"Well, let's see..." She pauses to think about it for a second, "How about a bubble bath?" 

"I bet that'll work," I say.

As we step out of the bunker, Luka looks around. I can't help but think that he's happy to be out of the darkness once again and back into the light. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the next hour and a half with my aunt and Luka in the bathroom. My aunt wouldn't let me inside until Luka was fully submerged in bubbles, which I could understand. Once inside the bathroom, I told him about the belt I had found. He started to freak out slightly, but once I told him that I wasn't going to use it on him and that I had it tucked away, he relaxed.

No sooner had Luka got out of the bath, and started to put on his new clothes, there was a knock at the door. It was Debby. She was carrying a big bowl of gummy-bears and a carton of chocolate milk for Luka.

I swear his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

Greg has prepared a special feast, like he always does the night before the full moon, as a way to show our thanks to whatever God or Goddess is up there. It's like we have Thanksgiving every month of the year.

Suddenly I'm snapped out of my thoughts. "Sophie," my aunt calls.

"Ma'am?" I ask as I look towards her.

"Debby was talking to you and you didn't answer."

"Oh I'm sorry, what Debby?" I ask, turning towards her.

"Oh, I was just wondering what you and Luka were going to do for the full moon," she replies.

"Well, we haven't decided yet," I say. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Luka clean off his mouth with his napkin.

"Well, I can tell you one thing," he says, "I'm not going to spend it with the rest of the pack. I've been used as a real life punching bag once in my life and I don't ever want to go back there again, ever."

"I understand your concern. Don't worry, we won't be with the pack if you don't want to be." I reach out to hold his hand. He gently takes it.

My uncle speaks up. "I would suggest they spend the full moon in the bunker. There's enough room for them to play around in and not to mention it'll be safer."

My aunt responds by taking her face out of her chicken leg and looking at him, "I don't think that's wise, dear. Did you see how Luka reacted after being in there for only a few minutes. I don't want to think about what he'd do if he was down there for a whole night." She sounds concerned.

"Well, they may have no other choice on the matter," says my uncle, scowling at her.

"Yea, well, I know that Sophie won't have Luka in a situation that scares him," says Aunt Sherry as she scowls back at him, only harder. Knowing this will take a while, I start to zone out.

I try to think of somewhere that Luka and I can shift that has wide open spaces to play around in, stuff to do, and things to see, so we don't get bored, but also is close enough to the pack so that I can go to them if trouble arises.

When it finally comes to me, I'm stunned. Why didn't I think of it before? Why didn't they think of it before? It's the perfect place to shift. I come out of my thoughts. By this point my aunt and uncle are arguing back and forth with each other, and Luka's giving me the 'Help me' look.