Chapter 37 The Choice

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

"Call me for what?" We all turn our heads to see my uncle standing in the doorway.

"Good morning, Uncle. How did you get here so fast?"

"Aunt Sherry told me beforehand."

"Can you close the door for me, please?" I ask him.

"Sure." My uncle shuts the door behind him. "Now what's this about, Sophie?"

The time has come. I look my mate in the eye. "Luka. My Aunt found the Alpha gene while she was testing your blood last night. You're a pure Alpha."

I hold my breath and wait to see his reaction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I make my announcement, the room stays silent for what seems like ten minutes. Both Elliot and Luka gasp and look at each other incredulously. "He's what?" "I'm a what?" they both ask me in unison. "I'm...what? Am I really...an Alp...?"

I nod.

"Here, Luka, eat your muffin, before I do." Elliot hands Luka's muffin over to him. This time, Luka takes it and begins to nibble on it. "There you go, eat it all."

"Okay, Luka, after you finish, Shelby and I are going to take you into the operating room so that we can clean the wounds on your knees," my aunt announces. "Speaking of that, we need to get that room ready urgently. Come on, Shelby." She motions for Shelby to follow her.

I look around the room. Elliot, my Uncle, Luka and I are now the only ones left in this room. Keith left us during the long few minutes after the big announcement, as he heard an emergency call from his parents over the mind link. Cody wanted to listen in to find out what was going on, so he went as well. I wonder what the emergency could be, I think to myself.

I'm snapped out of my train of thought by a new scent in the room. Standing in the doorway is a senior man with a kind face, medium skin tone, green eyes like mine, a light, yet still strong frame, and silver, gray hair combed back over his head. As I'm about to greet him, Luka beats me to it. "It's you."

I'm stunned. How can Luka know this man if he's never seen him before? I must be missing some crucial pieces of information. "Luka, how do you know him?"

"That's the teacher that used to let me use his hose pipe as a shower." Luka gives me a curious look. "Do you know him as well, Sophie?"

I smile at Luka. "I should know him. After all, we're closely related."

"How?"

Just as I'm about to tell him, the old man clears his throat and speaks.

"Good morning, my sweet little granddaughter," he says sweetly, as he walks slowly over towards the bed.

"Good morning to you as well, grandpa." I smile as I wrap my arms around him. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, it took me a while, but I've finally gotten around to seeing your mate. Where is he?" asks my Grandpa.

"He's right here." I gesture to Luka.

My grandpa's eyes widen. "Well I'll be...when word got around to me that my beloved granddaughter had found her mate, never once did I imagine that it would be you." my grandpa says, recognizing Luka.

"He's your grandfather?" asks Luka.

"Yes he is. Luka, meet Smith Peterson. Grandpa, this is my mate, Luka" I say.