Chapter 18 Lost and found

Just a little bit of late 
Christmas cheer for you, enjoy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously, on His alpha her omega  

"Debby, did you pull Luka's records off the pack members network, or the Den House's?" I ask her.

"The Den House's, why are you asking?" She replies, arching one of her eyebrows.

"Can I access the Den House's records through my home computer?" I ask, an urgent tone to my voice as I stand up from my chair.

"Yes you can, but not without the access code," Debby replies.

"What's the access code?" I ask her, sounding urgent.

"33198, why?" She asks.

"No time to explain. I've got to run home for a while, take care of Luka while I'm gone!" I yell as I run out of Debby's office, run up the hallway, out of Den House, and towards my own house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debbie's words are still buzzing around in my head.

"The Alpha before you... Your father..."

What if my father was involved?

That's the reason why I didn't bring Luka along. If I brought him along and I found something linked to his past he'd get scared and frightened, That, and that I didn't want to wake him up from his nap.

This is by no means the first time I suspected that my parents were involved in this in some way. A few days ago, during lunch with my aunt and uncle, when Luka was describing his guardian angel, he unknowingly described my mother in every last detail, including her singing voice. My mother had a voice that was so pure and sweet, that even the pups from around the pack would stop and listen.

I open the front door and step inside, once inside I make a dash to my home office. I sit down at my computer desk and jiggle the mouse a bit to get it out of sleep mode, and my screen comes alive. My screen shows a map of our entire territory along with the buildings, and the icons that represent them. I don't waste any time and click on the one for Den House. It's the one that matches the welcome sign out front.

My computer gives me a long search bar, up at the top it reads access code. I input the code Debby gave me and get in without a hitch. Up in the far upper right hand corner my screen gives me another search bar. I type Luka's name in. The computer pulls up the exact same records that Debby pulled up for me at Den House. I didn't do this to check if she had given me the wrong file, I think I may know why I didn't know about Luka before I met him, and this is to prove my theory.

I then back out of Den House's network then hover the mouse arrow over the pack house slash our house on the map and click on the icon above it, to get to the pack's main page. I can look Luka's name up in the pack member database, but I already have a sneaking suspicion of what I'm going to find. Another search bar comes up and I type Luka's name in once again, but this time instead of showing me a name, the screen goes blank and on it reads 'Name not found.'

I sit back in my chair and think. Dad must've kept his records somewhere, but the question is, where?

I see my dad's old filing cabinet sitting in the corner. Just looking at it sends chills all the way down my spine. I get a weird, creepy feeling deep down in the pit of my gut. If my dad wanted to hide a deep, dark family secret, that would be the place, my gut tells me. I'm about to walk over and open it when there's a knock on the door. Sensing it's Amanda, I quickly walk into the living room and sit down on the couch. I smooth my hair down a bit, "Come in," I say politely.