My Dad's opinion

Good After noon everybody, well, today was supposed to be the day when I would post another experiment and Q/A, but then yesterday something happened and, I think a line was crossed, so I thought I would let my readers in on it since it also involves you guys as well as me. Keep in mind this isn't the first time this has happened, this happens all the time in my house, I'm just saying this was the first time that my readers were dragged into it.

Let me be honest, I'm a daddy's girl, me and my dad have a great relationship, and unlike most of the characters in my books, he doesn't beat or abuse me, so just keep that in mind when you're reading my work.

My father is even the one who I go to when I want to talk about my upcoming writing projects, but lately, talking to him about my books or writing has become a battle rather then enjoyable, What's my problem? My dad wants His Alpha Her Omega to be published, except his way of thinking is that publishing your book is easy, it'll just take the wave of a magic wand (Or so it seems to me) trust me dad, if publishing was that easy, I would've had this book published a long time ago.

I tell him, it's not ready yet, and it won't be that simple. First, I've got to revise it and cut out any unnecessary words, and get it all shiny and pretty. Plus, I've got other things to do, like finishing Love Bite. But he won't listen to me, and as a result, we end up bickering about it.

That's not the only thing we bicker about, he also thinks that I shouldn't post my upcoming books on wattpad, maybe only two chapters tops, is what he said. The reason why he says that is, I've got a few books that I hope will be a hit when I do post them, hearing this, my dad says that since I'm not getting paid, I shouldn't post my books on wattpad.

News flash dad, not everybody can afford to buy books. Secondly, unlike most writers, I don't do it for the money or the thought of getting paid, I do it because I love it. I'm not saying that I wouldn't enjoy getting paid for my writing, I'm just saying that I love to write, weather I'm getting paid or not.

***

So yesterday me and my dad started bickering about getting my book published again, but instead of backing off like he normally does, he went and crossed the line. I went and told him that, my readers were my test audience for books I'm planning to write and publish (please don't take this the wrong way you guys) My dad then looked me in the eye, and then told me, "I'll bet your readers will have moved on by the time you get your book published."

That's when I had it, I asked him, "Do you want to hear that from my readers" And I don't recall what happened next.

That's why I'm writing this, to let you guys share your opinion of my dad's, or give my dad what for, whichever you choose.

I just want this to stop, and to get my dad to understand that I'm trying my best.

Just to let you guys know, I will be revising His Alpha Her Omega, I've got some books coming to help me out, they'll be here soon

Thanks for listening to my rant guys, I hope this stops the bickering between me and my dad for good.