Chapter 32 Girl Talk and A Discovery

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

"Job well done, Aunt Sherry, now I'm going to be getting back to my shower. Shelby, could you keep the coconut oil cold until it's time for me to use it?" I ask, looking towards her.

"Will do."

"Okay one more thing, everyone listen up please. No one touches that bottle but me. My mom wanted me to be the only one who could apply this to a patient's body."

They all nod. I head back towards the shower.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time there's no interruption, and I'm able to take my shower without a hitch. I walk downstairs back towards Luka's room, clean and fresh. While I was in the shower, I mind linked the rest of the pack to check up on them. No major injuries, just some minor open wounds and a lot of scrapes.

When I walk back into the room, Luka is still sleeping peacefully in his hospital bed, while Shelby gently holds his left hand. Whatever my aunt gave him before I got in the shower must've been some strong stuff because it's still doing its job.

I walk over towards Luka's free right hand, "May I?" I ask her, slowly reaching out towards my target.

"Of course. Luka's still out of it, but I'd think that he'd want you to be the one holding his hand instead of me right now."

"Yes, you're probably right." I gently take his hand.

"He is a tough little cookie, isn't he?" She asks me, with a faint smile on her face.

"Yes, at least I think so," I say softly with a slight nod. "Hey, Shelby, where's my aunt?"

"In the lab. She drew some blood from Luka while you were in the shower."

"Oh, okay," I say softly.

Shelby's eyes then shift from Luka to the bottle still sitting on the small table beside his bed, "Okay Alpha, what was that stuff you put on Luka's face?"

"It's something that mom came up with called Stella gel, or star gel, whichever you prefer," I explain. "It's designed to slow the effects, pain, and the heat of silver burns."

"Well, why was it hidden?" Shelby asks.

"Well, it all started four years ago when my mom found a mysterious group of herbs on her nightly walk. She had never seen them before, she was unsure of them and she was about to walk away, but then she looked up, and that's when it happened. She saw a shooting star shoot across the night sky, only there was no mention of a meteor shower that day. My mom then got the feeling that there might be something more to these herbs that met the eye, so she took some to my aunt to be analyzed. They found the herbs contained a compound that slowed the harmful effects of silver, so my mom started working on a formula for it to make it more effective."

"That was an interesting story, Alpha, but what does that have to do with what I just asked you?" Shelby asks, arching one of her eyebrows.

"I'm getting there. Anyway, it took my mom and I almost a year and a half, but we finally made a formula that worked. My mom let me help her because I was so good with medicine. The night of the attack that took her away from the pack, I saw her sneaking back to the lab in the middle of the fight. My guess was that she was going to hide the only bottle of Stella gel. That was the last time I ever saw my mother alive. After we discovered her body I found a note under my pillow. It simply said, 'I have hidden the Stella gel somewhere secret but safe. I can't even tell you where it's located, Sophie.' The note went on to say that if I found it no one but I could use it, because I was the only one my mom trusted with it."