The calm before the storm

JJ POV

After the voice says its Matt Cruz I get up and stare at Emily and leave. My hear is racing. First Emily now me. What has been going on. I head Emily quickly behind me. I go into the bathroom let her in and we close the door. I put him on speaker

"Not that it's not nice to hear from you. But it can't be a good thing..." I bite my lip and look at Emily she looks at me with sorry eyes. "You're right it's not a good thing. Lily and Joseph want you to come in ASAP." I put my hand on my stomach "Are you there by chance?" Then I hear a familiar female voice "Yes we are." I take a deep breath "I can't come in right now. I'm at Rossis with my team. I'm also pregnant." I hear a sharp inhale "Jen." Interrupt Lily "It's Jennifer to you. If I have to come in it won't be until tomorrow. But I am not keeping this secret from my team at least not from my husband." I hear Joseph "Jennifer, you can't tell your team. Emily knows bring her with you if you must but no one else. No one can know about the job you did a few years ago." I let out a sigh and know he's right. I'd just be putting the team and my husband in danger. I look at Emily "Go." She shakes her head no "I'm not leaving you alone to deal with this." We stare at each other and she pulls a "Hotch look." I roll my eyes and she knows she wins. "Why do I have to go in?"

There was a long silent pause "Letters and picture were sent in of you and your team... And then Mia disappeared 3 days ago." I let what Matt told me sink in. Emily notices I pale. I have a bad feeling about this. I feel sick to my stomach. I start throwing up then to my horror I have hear someone knock on the door "Baby are you okay?" It's Spence. I take a deep breath "Yeah you know me with all day round sickness. Go back to the team and take Emily with you." I glare at Emily she nods and leaves. I pick up the phone and put if off speaker "I'll come in tomorrow with Emily. BUT if any other pictures or letters about my teams comes up. I don't give a damn about protocol. I will tell them." With that I hang up leaving no room for argument. I splash water in my face and take a few deep breaths. I open the door to the bathroom and make my way back downstairs all eyes are on me. I look at my family and smile. They smile back. I sit beside my husband and take his hand. He takes it and squeezes if. They don't ask any question. The conversation starts to flow again and then I Spence whispers "What was the call about.?" I look pointy at him "Only time will tell." He frowns but doesn't push. I look up and Emily and I make eye contact. She smiles and nods. I return it. We know we're both thinking the same thing...

This is the calm before the storm. And when that storm hits. We are all in trouble. We are all in danger... Because of me.